What the heck is going on with my Anemone?!

Coralcrazy503

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could someone please help me figure out why My long tentacle anemone seems to like keeping his mouth open and at times poking it inside out?He had it open when I brought him home it was not protruding at that time. It closed during the acclimation then opened again right after putting it in the tank. My husband was convinced it meant he was hungry and fed it a tiny chunk of shrimp. Which It ate it completely in less then 2 mins. Since putting it in the tank it’s showing all the signs of being happy and healthy and has even moved its self to a spot it’s liked better but it still it likes to leave its mouth open and partially poking out words? Is this normal behavior? My husband is convinced it means it’s hungry and has fed it two other times and it has eaten it all each time in a hurry with no “vomit”. Everything I’ve seen online so far says he’s dying but he seems to healthy and happy now. Anyone have any similar experiences with their anemone? Or know the answer to why it’s doing what it’s doin?

He’s in a 50g I just tested my water parameters yesterday and everything is all good there. There is one white tip toadstool, purple goniopora coral 2 clownfish-but they have no interest in the anemone, one yellow watchman gobbie, two emerald crabs and two turbo snails.

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some pics under white lights will help. How long has it been in your tank and what are your actual parameters.

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, let’s get this moved to the anemone forum so more of the right people can look at this.
#mod can you please move this?

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 26 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 25.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 7 9.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 18 23.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back