What the heck is happening to my tank?!?!

Pixie22

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two days ago I purchased a mini caret anemone and a bit of the live rock it was on. Just walked into the room and the tank is super cloudy!! What’s going on?!?! I also saw a red worm on the glass which I’ve never seen before. Worried about the other fish and corals in there. Anyone have any ideas what’s going on?

image.jpg image.jpg

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi,1st how does nem look?
check your ammonia asap
how are fish breathing? add air ,stone,or point jet to surface.

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
what size tank? do you have new carbon on hand?

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
wait to add carbon ,poss water change first,?? depending on ammonia

rhostam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two days ago I purchased a mini caret anemone and a bit of the live rock it was on. Just walked into the room and the tank is super cloudy!! What’s going on?!?! I also saw a red worm on the glass which I’ve never seen before. Worried about the other fish and corals in there. Anyone have any ideas what’s going on?

image.jpg image.jpg

Did the cloud materialize in a short period of time? As in before you discovered the cloudy tank, when was the last time you saw the tank [clear]? Or did it get progressively cloudy over the two days, or over night?

Did the anemone disappear out what is its appearance now (if you can make it anything in that tank)?

OP
OP
P

Pixie22

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It got that cloudy in just a few hours, maybe less. The anemone has shrunk down very very small, about 1/3 of the size it has been the past few days. I moved most of the fish out into a bucket with clean water and a heater to keep them safe. I just took some ReVive coral cleaner and put the rock and anemone in it along with one other coral in case doing that might help. I don’t have any carbon or extra filter pads on hand, and I’m not able to go to the store and buy some since it’s late and I’m a kid and can’t drive. I put two clean socks in the filter though to see if maybe that’ll help catch some things until I can get to the store tomorrow for carbon and filter pads. I’ll check ammonia tomorrow too.

OP
OP
P

Pixie22

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, tank is small. It’s 10 gallons. I have three fish (only two of which I was able to catch and put in the bucket) and a few corals. And the anemone.

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
can you do a 5 gallon water change??

Fish_Sticks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its a bacteria bloom, caused by stirred sand or overfeeding. Just get a 40$ submerisble uv sterilizer off amazon, will get rid of the bloom in 24 hrs. monitor ammonia while increasing oxygen by opening the lids and opening a window. Small waterchanges

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back