OP
Jaden9933

Jaden9933

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think @G Santana might be right. It really does look like a tube worm. Is the crown opening at all? Maybe the worm dropped its crown, the crown is stuck on the tube, and the worm crawled out and is dying. I don't know if it's plausible. But i choose to believe it. lol
I definitely thought y’all were into something for a minute, but I just poked the crown with some tong and it shot back in the tube. Is it possible that this is just a segment of the worm?

Ilikefishandlamps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I definitely thought y’all were into something for a minute, but I just poked the crown with some tong and it shot back in the tube. Is it possible that this is just a segment of the worm?
This is 100% not a feather duster. I’m confident in some type of sea cucumber possibly a squirt

Uzidaisies

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve seen feather duster out of they’re tube had one die before and pulled it out looks nothing like this. They are slender and have little grippers on the side they use to move in and out of the tube.
The little gripping spines (Chaeta) are shown in the first image quite clearly, and in the second image you can see how this is a segmented worm which a sea apple is not. I will have to disagree with you.

OP
OP
Jaden9933

Jaden9933

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve seen feather duster out of they’re tube had one die before and pulled it out looks nothing like this. They are slender and have little grippers on the side they use to move in and out of the tube.
The little gripping spines (Chaeta) are shown in the first image quite clearly, and in the second image you can see how this is a segmented worm which a sea apple is not. I will have to disagree with you.
@Uzidaisies is right. It does have chaeta along two of its sides. I’m curious if the Zoe is just due to swelling. I’m not sure what, if anything, would cause that, it is only a guess. The reason I say this is because I kept it in a net floating in my tank and, although it doesn’t appear to move, it doesn’t look as bloated now. Still the same size in length though.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 40 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 25 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.4%
Back