What the heck??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

RomoFL

View Badges
Reaction score
I ordered a 175g “bucket” of Red Sea Coral Pro salt from @MarineDepot here: Red Sea Coral Pro - Marine Depot. No where on the page does it say I am getting a bulk order of salt with no container or labels!! What the heck is going on? The box has no labels about the product. The bag is twisted and tied on one end, the other end has an opening which is taped. I have NO way of knowing what salt is in here. What is going on??

1E8B468D-5350-4006-B02E-B986CB3C9D6B.jpeg

B0BA9F58-ED9C-4B68-BADA-BACB45A6F4D1.jpeg

1AE95C3D-8EDA-41D2-9556-6706B64D66CF.jpeg

Vinman

Brewing is worth it
View Badges
Reaction score
So do you want the truth because I work for UPS and I recognize the repack job the bucket broke they generated a new label and saved your material and shipped it to you I bet you don't feel any better I see it happen all the time they don't take the blame and they pass the buck in this case it was a bucket

OP
OP
RomoFL

RomoFL

View Badges
Reaction score
Wow that is really disappointing on UPS’s part if that was what happened. I have to wait till tomorrow to see if @MarineDepot will be able to help with this.. I feel bad if they have to eat the cost but this isn’t my fault either. I paid for and expected a factory manufactured bucket of Red Sea Coral Pro salt.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Looks like a broken container that was repacked for delivery. Should be in a bucket, as they don't have a box version that comes in a bag.
I believe with a complaint, you will be shipped a replacement and allowed to keep this bag which I feel is very useable.
I received several boxes of reef crystals today and each bucket was packed in a box. At first I thought it was weird but quickly recognized, it IMO was packed well utilizing the box stuffed with paper. I now 1400 gallons of salt mix on hand.

Vinman

Brewing is worth it
View Badges
Reaction score
Yes and fortunately UPS this policy is if the package isn't total damaged and they send along a good portion in another box with the new Amazon shipping everything from groceries to laundry detergent they try to repack stuff that's usable still I think if you send pictures to Marine Depot they would probably send you another bucket and tell you to keep what you got or they'll have UPS generate what's called a call tag and you'll have a driver come pick up your product

CWR24

View Badges
Reaction score
Correct assessment Vinman......that is not the original label but a redo. Box and bucket probably crushed, and I can't believe the bag didn't get tore open and have the salt mix all over.

Put in a claim to Marine Depot saying you are not happy with it and don't want to take a chance with product.
They will ship a new one for free and more than likely not make you ship that back as it will cost them more .

They can then put in a claim to UPS if they so choose. And you come away with a free $70 bag of salt as there is more than likely nothing wrong with it.

Just another 32+ year guy in brown here who's seen his share.

I'd actually be happy if I were you......I like FREE stuff!! :)

CWR24

View Badges
Reaction score
Hello brother I've got 28 in might retire and 30 but I'll only be 51 so most likely I'll do 35

Not bad.

Hit 52 this past May to lock up insurance. They put a nice bump in our local pension this last contract if we do 30 full or more......I'll hit that in 4 months as I had a couple part time. dang good feeling seeing light at the end of the tunnel now.
Can walk if I want, or stick around a bit more and laugh in their face more than I already do if I so choose. :)

Turnage

View Badges
Reaction score
The Red Sea buckets are the cheapest point of sale buckets ever made on Earth. I use the Red Sea reef Pro and EVERY bucket I've received has been broken... not cracked but straight out broken. Love the salt hate the packaging.

Oldreefer44

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I have 12 of their old buckets, none of which are cracked or broken. I did stop using Aquaforest partially because they kept arriving broken.

Butuz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
The Red Sea buckets are the cheapest point of sale buckets ever made on Earth. I use the Red Sea reef Pro and EVERY bucket I've received has been broken... not cracked but straight out broken. Love the salt hate the packaging.

SAME here. I used to use Red Sea salts, almost bucket (smallest ones, nothing big) would either have a crack or broken. I switched to Tropic Marin (for other reasons), theirs is way sturdier. I think Red Sea buckets are made out of plastic that seems too “dry”, brittle. Other brand buckets seem to have a flexible, “regular” plastic feel to them, so has to be the type of material they use.

Redfoxtang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Cant beat free salt mix!!

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
@MarineDepot is sending out another bucket. I’m sending them the photos of the product I received. So far they have been very good at customer care. I’ll post a follow up when the new salt arrives.
Thank you and sorry for the trouble. I hope the new bucket arrived in good condition. Thank you for shopping at Marine Depot! Best, Amy @ MD

Back