What to do after controlling Dinos?

tescalante

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had stable parameters for about 2 months and was able to beat some dinos and cyano, after reducing
my Nitrates and Phosphates. I would like to reduce a bit more but not sure how to get there.

I've been adding copepods, phyto feast and running UV lighting to my Nuvo 14, but now have some green turf algae, I think???? What steps do you think I should take, don't want
to zero out my Nitrates and Phosphates and have another outbreak. (See attached Images)

also added Emerald Crab, and Lawnmower Blenny to help with Algae

Thanks
Tony

Screen Shot 2021-07-14 at 3.58.02 PM.png

IMG_0914.jpg

IMG_0915.jpg

Marc2952

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dealt with dinos for months, just keep nitrates and phosphates above 0, DO NOT dose amino acids as they love that stuff and keep the tank stable. You already went through the hard part now just focus on stability. Just get some CUC and let them handle it.

wareagle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If that's Ulva/ sea lettuce, you can thank it for getting rid of your dino problem.
Ulva rigida (Ulvophyceae) and Dyctyota dichotoma (Phaeophyceae) had a strong effect on O. cf. ovata by decreasing its growth, physiology, morphology, toxin production and behavior with a decrease of cell adherence (Accoroni et al., 2015; Ben et al., 2017).

Back