What to do after treating possible uronema?

FullSend

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to go away for a week and had a friend watch my QT running 2.5-2.7 ppm copper power. When I returned I noticed to red spots on one of my starkii damsels. One spot appeared to have raised scales. Based on visuals I assumed uronema. I immediately started treatment with metroplex and metro soaked food. After 4 or 5 days the red spots had started to look better, no raised scales and the color was returning. Now on day 12 the red spots are barely noticeable being slightly darker than the surrounding area.

I pulled a rookie move and didn't take any pictures showing the worst of the symptoms.

I'm planning on dosing metro again today to make it 14 days saturday. Should I leave the fish in the medicated QT or move them into a new system?
The new system is well ... new. No fish have ever been in the system. Only established LR and some macros.

Side note, a smith's blenny in QT has lost/is losing its ability to swim upright. It still feeds but it does a strange twirling motion. Any ideas?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
fish infected with Uronema should also be fed food soaked with metronitazole because the disease can spread internally. Focus by seachem can be used to bind the medication to the food.
Additionally, 45 min formalin bath or 90 bath in ruby rally pro will help greatly

OP
OP
FullSend

FullSend

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
fish infected with Uronema should also be fed food soaked with metronitazole because the disease can spread internally. Focus by seachem can be used to bind the medication to the food.
Additionally, 45 min formalin bath or 90 bath in ruby rally pro will help greatly
I have been soaking the food for 10 days currently

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I have been soaking the food for 10 days currently
Utilize formalin baths. Metro alone will not turn around quickly enough

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back