What to do with these fish- Live Aquaria Screw up!

LesPoissons

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
Somehow, I have an order for 2 male blue throat triggers coming from Live Aquaria. I didnt order them, dont want them, already have one in my tank. They havent shipped yet but No one is answering the phone at Live Aquaria and there is a charge for $243 for these 2 fish on my credit card?!!! I did a chat box with customer service at Live Aquaria but they say they cant do anything?! Thoughts?!!

SPS2020

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I would call @LiveAquaria tomorrow at the open of business to discuss further. If you didn't order them, then you are not responsible for payment. If they ship them anyway, I'd donate to a LFS. If you are charged, call your credit card company and have it removed. I doubt LA will charge you even if they ship them.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you live in a larger area where there is a public aquarium or other public use tank like in a Hospital, or something? I like to give my stuff away to teachers, hospitals or public aquariums if I can... but not always possible.

LiveAquaria

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
Somehow, I have an order for 2 male blue throat triggers coming from Live Aquaria. I didnt order them, dont want them, already have one in my tank. They havent shipped yet but No one is answering the phone at Live Aquaria and there is a charge for $243 for these 2 fish on my credit card?!!! I did a chat box with customer service at Live Aquaria but they say they cant do anything?! Thoughts?!!
@LesPoissons
Good morning, we will certainly look into this situation right away. Please PM us your order number so we are able to access your file. Thank you!

LiveAquaria

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@LesPoissons
Good morning, we will certainly look into this situation right away. Please PM us your order number so we are able to access your file. Thank you!
@LesPoissons we were able to locate the order based on chat and email conversations. It looks like you placed the order online /December 20th at 603pm for the two Triggerfish. According to the notes on the order, requests were made to add to the order and then lastly the request to cancel. It is very difficult to make any adjustments to orders once they are finalized, especially since we didn't ship livestock last week. The orders are all sorted by date placed/intending ship date and the operations facilities will start very early tomorrow morning to begin fulfillment. We will try to accommodate your request, however, please understand there is not a guarantee we are going to be able to accomplish the cancellation on one the the largest shipping day of the season. We will be in touch along the way. Thank you!

U

User1

View Badges
Hi all,

Based on the latest response can you edit and change the title? If not, can you request the mods to change?

kelp47

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a similar problem recently and Live Aquaria was able to cancel since they had not shipped. I find it really aggravating when companies have computer systems that are locked down so tight they can't make adjustments when necessary. Hopefully they can pull through for you too.

If all action fails (enough good advice already given on disputing), maybe there is a local company who maintains tanks and can find a home/buyer. We have one in my town, and I'm sure they're maintaining some large tanks in both business and homes, and could probably find someone who would love to have them.

Fishfinder

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very odd they just sent you some random fish without ordering them...... I wish they would send me some

I’m going to guess you ordered them at some point since they knew what card to charge

@LiveAquaria I’ll take them

OP
OP
L

LesPoissons

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
Sorry for the delay. Yes live aquaria did cancel the order and No, I did not order the fish. I had placed an order on the 19th for fish crabs and shrimp that I was expecting. The incorrect order was placed on the 20th for fish that would be entirely incompatible in my tank. I also didn’t attempt to add to that order as I didn’t know it existed- but I did attempt to add an anemone- assuming it would go on my actual order- the one I placed the 19th. The only thing I did when I found out about the incorrect order was to try to cancel it. After being told it was not possible via live aquaria chat and again via email I got in touch with a customer service representative on the phone who was able to cancel the order for me.
I’m glad we could resolve it without loosing any fish in the process!

OP
OP
L

LesPoissons

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also FYI- I just went through and changed all my passwords as a matter of course. I tried to login to Live Aquaria to do the same- could not log in with my password. Was able to reset it.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back