What to feed a picky baby clownfish?

Northwest_Scapes_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So a bit of a background: I picked up a baby OC (ocellaris clown) about 3 weeks ago and QT'd him since he might've had worms (White poop, not very active, wasn't eating) and after putting him in my frag tank he's a lot more active and his poop is normal. But he still won't eat. I've tried Frozen Brine and Mysis and he just spits it out. Anything else I could try to have him eat? He's been alive for this long so he's definitely eating something, possibly itty bitty pieces. I have brine shrimp egs coming this week so I could try Live BB and see if that works, but does anyone else have anything that might get him eating?

drewwCh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Live baby brine shrimp should gwt your clown to eat. Other foods would be live foods. If he's survived 3 weeks then he must be eating something in the tank that he prefers over the food you've given him.

You could also try homemade frozen food if you can make it. Got both my wild clowns and wild banggai eating right away with my diy food.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi,you can try flake,tiny pieces in tiny amounts ,hopefully get him started :)

OP
OP
Northwest_Scapes_

Northwest_Scapes_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Live baby brine shrimp should gwt your clown to eat. Other foods would be live foods. If he's survived 3 weeks then he must be eating something in the tank that he prefers over the food you've given him.

You could also try homemade frozen food if you can make it. Got both my wild clowns and wild banggai eating right away with my diy food.
Yeah, hoping that the live baby brine will let me see him eat. I've never tried making frozen food, definitely something I'll have to try, thank you!

kichimark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a store near you that sells live black worms? Some stores call them bloodworms but they are black worms. These were always my go to when feeding picky eaters and never had one refuse. Also used them to fatten up my clowns when they bred.

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mine eat this.
r-o-e-real-oceanic-eggs-reef-nutrition.png

CanuckReefer

Simple...Salt, Water, LR, Lighting and Flow.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
may be frozen or dried cyclopeze or rotifers. clowns are pigs so may be it's the size
THIS^^^ Cyclops are a buffet for all of my species....they are easily available frozen and I only utilize them as part of a broadcast feed for the entire reef, and rarely, as too much can foul the tank. In your case I suggest it briefly.

Bepis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once he gets a little older you can start feeding LRS Nano

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 37 43.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 30.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back