What to treat with??

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first ever post in this forum :( . I am on day one of quarantine...just received these two guys today. Any idea what this white spot is and what to treat it with?

20191016_165619.jpg

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will guess ich. 14 days copper treatment then transfer to sterile tank or 30 days copper treatment without the transfer.

OP
OP
Waters

Waters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will guess ich. 14 days copper treatment then transfer to sterile tank or 30 days copper treatment without the transfer.
It is probably hard to tell from the pic but it is too large to be ich. Almost seems like a fungus? What is the protocol in receiving fish online that have issues on day one? Are these normally replaced or just up to me to treat?

Florida Sunshine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It depends on where you purchased the fish. Some on-line retailers offer an arrive alive guarantee and a few will guarantee longer. Contact the seller ASAP and see what your options are.
As to treatment, I will leave that to the experts.
Are you planning to treat in your quarantine tank or are you using the QT for observation only? Very few remedies are safe for a reef tank so you want to take care of whatever it is before it hits your main tank.

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is probably hard to tell from the pic but it is too large to be ich. Almost seems like a fungus? What is the protocol in receiving fish online that have issues on day one? Are these normally replaced or just up to me to treat?
What spot are you looking at?
Not sure how this is large for ich
80858A5F-722C-4108-9D7A-B4BEF3DF1719.jpeg

OP
OP
Waters

Waters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It depends on where you purchased the fish. Some on-line retailers offer an arrive alive guarantee and a few will guarantee longer. Contact the seller ASAP and see what your options are.
As to treatment, I will leave that to the experts.
Are you planning to treat in your quarantine tank or are you using the QT for observation only? Very few remedies are safe for a reef tank so you want to take care of whatever it is before it hits your main tank.
I would be treating the quarantine tank only. I was hoping to use it strictly for observation but I guess that isn't going to happen.

OP
OP
Waters

Waters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What spot are you looking at?
Not sure how this is large for ich
80858A5F-722C-4108-9D7A-B4BEF3DF1719.jpeg

OP, did I circle the spot your concerned about?
Sorry...no, it is the white spot above closer to the head. That spot that you circled was just a bubble in the water column.

OP
OP
Waters

Waters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it fluffy cottony looking?
Yeah...that is the spot. Seems kinda fluffy looking....haven't been able to get a super good look at it though. Funny, I found this pic online which has a spot in a similar place which is just the fishes coloration ........now it has me wondering lol.

solon.jpg

OP
OP
Waters

Waters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a little better pic....definitely appears raised. Also, comparing this to my first pic, it looks like it has already starting to spread just within the last hour?

Disease.jpg

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 124 59.0%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 29.5%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 75 35.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 36 17.1%
  • Other

Votes: 62 29.5%
Back