What to use for handles on my DIY screen top?

TDEcoral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got two separate screen tops for each side of my 75g. Every time I need to remove one I have trouble grabbing it because they fit tightly into the plastic rim and are the same height. Does anyone have ideas for small unobtrusive handles I could maybe just glue to the aluminum window frame on each side of the screen? I think I've seen glass lids with a small clear "handle" to grab to open it up. I think something like that would be perfect.

Tastee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glass lids often just have two small rectangles/squares of glass siliconed on top, either a single stack in the middle or one both sides. The bottom polygon is smaller than the upper giving you a handle. You could do the same out of small pieces of acrylic If you want.

Beau_B

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cut tabs out of the clear hard plastic that a a number of things are sold in. Hard to explain... products that are hung from hooks in the store that are infuriating to open the clam shell packaging is plastic welded together; need knife/tim snips to get into. “Wrap rage”

Anyway, take that plastic with the hanging notch that’s neatly cut out, make an appropriate sized piece, and use glue or packing tape to attach a pull tab. My screen was 30x18 and it worked brilliantly.

1606301745139.jpeg

Back