What type of Acan is this? How much should it cost?

arkodios

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is an Acan from my LFS listed as a Rainbow Acan frag for $125. I just wanna make sure this is a decent price on it, because this doesn’t look like a Rainbow Acan to me and my coworkers seem to think it shouldn’t be more than $65

1338C879-3F7D-4016-B26F-75BEB29C3612.jpeg

youcallmenny1

The Lobster
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very pretty, looks a little color saturated though. Personally I try not to pay more than three figures for acans unless it's a large colony or unbelievable quality. Depends on the vendor and your desire to have it though!

BiGGiePauls33

YT/GreatBeardedReef and IG/GreatBeardedReef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very pretty, looks a little color saturated though. Personally I try not to pay more than three figures for acans unless it's a large colony or unbelievable quality. Depends on the vendor and your desire to have it though!
Well said, all coral are only worth what you're willing to pay. Good luck.

OP
OP
A

arkodios

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m looking at it, it actually looks pretty close to the picture in real life. I think I will buy it, but I think I can get a deal for it tomorrow since it has been here for a few weeks now. Do you have any recommendations on its care requirements? I think this would be a nice coral to frag in the future

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have one at my store a bit nicer than that with similar colour for $120 Cad. I would guess anywhere south of $100 usd should be a fair enough price for that but obviously the lower the better.

youcallmenny1

The Lobster
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m looking at it, it actually looks pretty close to the picture in real life. I think I will buy it, but I think I can get a deal for it tomorrow since it has been here for a few weeks now. Do you have any recommendations on its care requirements? I think this would be a nice coral to frag in the future
If that's how bright it is then it's certainly a nice one! If you're happy with the deal you get then it's worth it. Acans are easy enough to care for. Low-med light and flow, feed each head periodically with target feeding. That will help them grow their fastest. They're one of my absolute favorites. I probably have 15 different acans in my system currently.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back