What type of alge is this? Please help identify.

blazy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank for looking. Let me know if you're able to identify this algae thanks for your help.

IMG_20200126_103113.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Its a bacteria in which it shows in lieu of where diatoms and other uglies should have appeared instead. the typical theory is that the bacteria is consuming most of the nutrients and starved out the ugly phase of the cycle. You can try a blackout with peroxide or vibrant but rinsing in RO with a toothbrush will eradicate this.

OP
OP
B

blazy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its a bacteria in which it shows in lieu of where diatoms and other uglies should have appeared instead. the typical theory is that the bacteria is consuming most of the nutrients and starved out the ugly phase of the cycle. You can try a blackout with peroxide or vibrant but rinsing in RO with a toothbrush will eradicate this.

Thank you so much vetteguy53081. I just started dosing with vibrant this week. I guess it's just a waiting game now.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Thank you so much vetteguy53081. I just started dosing with vibrant this week. I guess it's just a waiting game now.
NO white or low light will help. After 1-2 full days, see if this is loosening by blowing with a turkey baseter .

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 109 87.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back