What type of AWC Tanks is everyone buying?

feloracing26

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello R2R Family ....

I am in need of some help trying to decide which type of 65 gallon tank to buy and setup an AWC station?
Curious as to what R2R Community is buyg to setup their own AWC stations?
Brands? Website vs local? Any local stores near the Florida area? etc ...

I live in the Miami FL area but everywhere I look (at least for the Norwesco 65 gallon tanks) they are super expensive on freight shipping.

Any suggestions R2R Community ?

Thank you in advance

Kindly

Felix

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a Norwesco vertical 50g for my AWC, bought new locally (in Canada). I have a ball valve off the bulkhead, that tee's off into two more ball valves, one for the AWC lines to close off before I do a refill, and the other for filling up pitchers or buckets with fresh salt. Has been working excellently so far.

The main bonus with AWC is after the primary mixing is done, I only turn the pump on for five minutes or so a few times a day, and it's not heated so I've found much less precipitation taking place, at least with IO.

OP
OP
F

feloracing26

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a Norwesco vertical 50g for my AWC, bought new locally (in Canada). I have a ball valve off the bulkhead, that tee's off into two more ball valves, one for the AWC lines to close off before I do a refill, and the other for filling up pitchers or buckets with fresh salt. Has been working excellently so far.

The main bonus with AWC is after the primary mixing is done, I only turn the pump on for five minutes or so a few times a day, and it's not heated so I've found much less precipitation taking place, at least with IO.

Thank you for your input and would you mind posting a picture if your setup?

kindly

Feloracing

eslatts11

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my setup with 2 of the Norwesco 75g's. After having it for awhile now, I wish I would have built a small stand to raise them both up to about a 5 gallon bucket height so when I detach the union valves for cleaning the mixing tank its easier to clean up the water leftover in the pipes.

IMG_20190407_225950.jpg

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the ones i can order from walmart and ship free to the store lol.

OP
OP
F

feloracing26

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my setup with 2 of the Norwesco 75g's. After having it for awhile now, I wish I would have built a small stand to raise them both up to about a 5 gallon bucket height so when I detach the union valves for cleaning the mixing tank its easier to clean up the water leftover in the pipes.

IMG_20190407_225950.jpg

What size are your bulk head, tubing, gate valves and pump?

CuzzA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I needed a unique size poly tank which I could only find from a rotomolder in the mid west. Shipping through any common carrier was ridiculous, so I bought it a Greyhound Bus Shipping ticket. Pretty cheap and several days later I picked it up at the Greyhound hub here in Tampa Bay.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 43.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 21.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 31 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back