What type of Bristle worm?

RedFrog211

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saw this in my sand bed and took a photo. This is with a Macro lens, the magnification, I do not know— does anyone know what kind of worm it is? You can see the main body on the left side, followed by this long tube. Is this a parasite attached to a Bristle worm, or just a single organism? I apologize if it’s hard to see. I did take a video, and can try to upload that to YouTube if that would help

53C2B461-D129-4BA0-A282-0A501EFBCB1D.png

gaki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have those too-I don't think they're bristle worms. for me, they're harmless and just stay in their little burrow in the sand. they don't seem to bother anything so I just leave them. hope that helps.

OP
OP
RedFrog211

RedFrog211

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have those too-I don't think they're bristle worms. for me, they're harmless and just stay in their little burrow in the sand. they don't seem to bother anything so I just leave them. hope that helps.
Awesome! Figured it was just another harmless inhabitant, just wanted to make sure it posed no threat to the fish or corals :)

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got tons of these dudes. They’re like earthworms kinda. I don’t think they hurt anything and they make some pretty cool tunnels in my sand next to the glass.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 129 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back