OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its the face that had me stumped too. That and the blurry photo. Ive recieved a specimen labeled as starry blenny that had this face too.
Algae blenny markings.
The video forsure is not an algae blenny lol
yea it’s reminds me of a snake lol

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do I see like little legs in the front. There are so many species of scorpionfish, and this does kind of remind me of one. The pic with the molted body and the way it moves. It's not a red rooster waspfish. It looks small and juveniles always gives some confusion. If those are little legs I saw in the 1st vid, it could be a juvi orangebanded stingfish. Put a couple ghost shrimp in and see how he reacts. Better yet, grab a hold of him and see if he gives you a sting(hahaha), just kidding.

OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do I see like little legs in the front. There are so many species of scorpionfish, and this does kind of remind me of one. The pic with the molted body and the way it moves. It's not a red rooster waspfish. It looks small and juveniles always gives some confusion. If those are little legs I saw in the 1st vid, it could be a juvi orangebanded stingfish. Put a couple ghost shrimp in and see how he reacts. Better yet, grab a hold of him and see if he gives you a sting(hahaha), just kidding.
ok so it’s a scorpion fish

ZipAdeeZoa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dangit.. i've seen this thing before but I can't recall the name... let me do some digging, pretty confident its a scorp at the very least. Sweet find!

OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dangit.. i've seen this thing before but I can't recall the name... let me do some digging, pretty confident its a scorp at the very least. Sweet find!
ok thanks

Last edited:

ZipAdeeZoa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it might the red roosters cousin, Paracentropogon longispinus but the front fins are making me think its something else, I'll do more digging after work.

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it might the red roosters cousin, Paracentropogon longispinus but the front fins are making me think its something else, I'll do more digging after work.

Not that one, face shape; body shape, and dorsal fin all wrong.

Are there 4 little leg like appendages in the front

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If he is eating dead stuff then it is likely not a scorp. Scorps will pretty much come in 99.9% of the time needing live food, and if they do eat dead food it's will be with much coaxing.

OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If he is eating dead stuff then it is likely not a scorp. Scorps will pretty much come in 99.9% of the time needing live food, and if they do eat dead food it's will be with much coaxing.
yea it was rods food he sat there and waited till it got to it’s face then ate it so it’s probably not one of those

Back