What type of flatworms?

Oceanic_Gardens

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are these bad bad or not a problem? Haven’t lost a hammer ever in 3 years, haven’t added either recently. So they don’t seem to be doing any harm…. Yet, will they?

will they kill ?
Thank you!

9DAEEE3F-5D20-4D8A-9EBF-50E5A8910128.jpeg 6FB2BE61-18FC-4B13-B262-1DE1A56BAAC2.jpeg

ChiCity

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
planarian, and yes.
biological means are preferred…
a sixline will keep their populations in check

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Almost looks like red planarian , I probly overreact with these I used flatworm exit and I’m a big proponent of natural removal. I will say that Ive had no side effects of flatworm exit and all the worms died, I also keep a six line wrasse

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree that they look like red planaria. They're not a wanted pest but as far as pests go they're not that bad. The problem with them is that their population will grow quickly if there is nothing to limit it. I have them in my tank and a melanurus in my display eats them, however my sump has a ton of them. Any that make it up to the display just become a snack for the wrasse. I may eventually kill them from the sump but so far I haven't bothered.

OP
OP
Oceanic_Gardens

Oceanic_Gardens

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great, if I dip each frag individually and put in a 6 line, should keep it steady?

LegalReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there any invert out there that eats them? A shrimp or small crab of some sort? I’ve got lots of them in a 5 gallon, too tiny a space for a 6-lined wrasse

OP
OP
Oceanic_Gardens

Oceanic_Gardens

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree that they look like red planaria. They're not a wanted pest but as far as pests go they're not that bad. The problem with them is that their population will grow quickly if there is nothing to limit it. I have them in my tank and a melanurus in my display eats them, however my sump has a ton of them. Any that make it up to the display just become a snack for the wrasse. I may eventually kill them from the sump but so far I haven't bothered.
this is great. Explains why I’ve seen no death in years but now I’ve got to keep them under control. Thank you

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is great. Explains why I’ve seen no death in years but now I’ve got to keep them under control. Thank you
Yea they don’t do much harm , only when population becomes too big / blocks out light from corals and a mass death of the worms is extremely toxic

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 34 60.7%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 14 25.0%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.8%
Back