OP
Kapachuka3

Kapachuka3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like a large part of it is going sexual, you should pull those bits out. If it is all of it then that's that, I don't think it can be saved once it goes sexual. To me it also looks very starved of nitrate and phosphate, if any of it survives and you dosed those it would look much better, greener plumper and just generally healthier, I imagine even in the shop it didn't get much nutrients.

I keep a planted marine tank with lots of macroalgae (including Caulerpa racemosa) and I don't find it too bothersome to trim, though I am used to trimming plants weekly in freshwater. If you trim it regularly it looks lovely and luscious, and it hasn't been difficult to rip out whenever I don't want it. Like freshwater plants, the macroalgae needs nutrients to thrive (it can cause dinos if you don't dose extra nutrients), which is fine if you keep soft corals, but can become difficult with lps and often incompatable with sps. I only keep softies with my macroalgae and they grow well in the same conditions. I do have small portions of macro go sexual on me, but only very few weeks and it's easy to pull out with no problems.

Also I think urchins each macroalgae.
What type of nutrients would i dose, my tank is very very clean, thus the reason i got macro. I usually feed pretty heavy too but everything i have eats the pellets that sink to the bottom.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back