What type of posts annoy you on this site?

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My top three ... or maybe bottom three ....

1. What is this white bump on my fish ..... when you can barely tell that it’s a fish from the picture.
2. Inability to do search. Make sure there aren’t active threads already on your topic of choice.
3. Perhaps my personal favorite is somebody who asks for advice/opinion and then proceeds to argue with that which you offer.

Sailingeric

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There aren't many that annoy me ,, I just move on :) but if I had to pick the one that annoys me the most ,, the one that would be at the Top of my list would be ,,

The people who complain about Blue Light Pictures :) for the life of me ,, I just can't see their argument ,,, our corals look best under blue lights ,, at least to my way of thinking ,, 6:20 every evening is when my Chalice tank looks the best and 7 PM in the SPS tank :) my 2 favorite times of the day ,, no matter what else I have going on in my day ,,, I am at my tanks at those two times ,,
It is not the blue pics per se, it is they ask what something is, or what is on the fish and the pic is so blue you cannot see anything. Granted our eyes can adjust better to lighting than a camera can so you might be able to see it just fine in your tank but if you got a question about something in your tank, look at the pic first to see if is even able to be seen.

NinnJinn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just saw one and got annoyed. I hate it when people feel the need to post to a thread that is several years old. I just went to read one tonight and every post was 5 years old except for the current post which was today.
I have done that a time or two. Basically just asking what the end result was to hopefully learn something.

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Theres GIVEAWAYS!!!!!!!! ?? :p

Mr Fishface

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There isn't a whole lot on this site that annoys me. I feel FB posts annoy me far far more... People asking "what is this thing???" when its obviously a bristle worm. I mean come one, a quick google search for "reef tank worm" pulls up, first link, all about bristle worms.

I feel what really annoys me is people I know in real life who don't do the slightest, tiny bit, of research on a fish before getting it. I sold some coral to a guy who said he had several Koran Anglefish in his tank. I mentioned they are likely to eat coral. He had absolutely no idea. If you can't do even the most basic of research, even 2 mins to google something, you don't belong in this hobby. In my own opinion of course.

Shawn_epicurious

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious if any type of posts annoy you guys on this site?

For me, it's when people ask help to identify something, and send a picture with blue light only cranked to the max, and the picture is dark. It's like over 50% of the ID threads. Maybe it's just me and I can't filter out blue light or something.
While I thoroughly understand you feeling on the pics... learning how to take pics of your tank isn’t something I had to concern myself with 16 years ago... now... I have to relearn forgotten lessons and.. learn to become an underwater photographer. I am getting better at it : )

I need a better camera. My iPad and/or iPhone aren’t getting it done : (

Robertlashby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious if any type of posts annoy you guys on this site?

For me, it's when people ask help to identify something, and send a picture with blue light only cranked to the max, and the picture is dark. It's like over 50% of the ID threads. Maybe it's just me and I can't filter out blue light or something.
Jerks asking for free stuff like this is some kind of handout....... anyone got some free frags?

Last edited by a moderator:

spartanman22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate the posts when people ask if anyone’s kept “insert super common/generic fish or coral”. Those posts kill me. Yes most of us have kept Red Planet before. Idk why it bugs me so much but it really drives me nuts!

Wen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My top three ... or maybe bottom three ....

1. What is this white bump on my fish ..... when you can barely tell that it’s a fish from the picture.
2. Inability to do search. Make sure there aren’t active threads already on your topic of choice.
3. Perhaps my personal favorite is somebody who asks for advice/opinion and then proceeds to argue with that which you offer.

Raises my temperature when new members clog up posts with wasteful, non-researched or repeat threads.

Newbies, please do some homework before posting.
After your research, post clear photos in white or natural light.
If someone takes the time to respond to you and under their name are lots of badges or large numbers, listen to them and maybe even say thank you.

ah, now I feel better...

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Raises my temperature when new members clog up posts with wasteful, non-researched or repeat threads.

If someone takes the time to respond to you and under their name are lots of badges or large numbers, listen to them and maybe even say thank you.

ah, now I feel better...
Forget about it. How many times you read in a post............Someone may have answered this, but I don't want to read through the whole post??????

Eggs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

ah, now I feel better...

Unfortunately, the number of badges or post counts doesn’t always equate to correct information.

Reefcowboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also annoys when there is a lighting discussion about a system being able to color and grow(or not) coral, and there's always a proud someone who thinks they close the argument posting a pic of their tank as proof, with GPS softies and other corals that would grow even in the dark

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 41 36.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 33 29.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back