What type of posts annoy you on this site?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Thank you, but I prefer to keep my journal as it is. There are 4 tanks in there, and a lot of learning and information. I could care less about what category my thread is under.
( I agree, and remember comment- You don't have to)

Zeal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When people tell you that you have to sell your kidney, liver to grow SPS and have a reef aquarium

Last edited by a moderator:

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, but I prefer to keep my journal as it is. There are 4 tanks in there, and a lot of learning and information. I could care less about what category my thread is in.

Do what you do, I wouldn't give a second thought to sceptics.

LadyMac

Freshwater sage fish whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed! I am thinking of a biocube thread that has 2177 pages as of the time I posted.
I came upon that thread way after the bio cube but I’ve learned quite a lot in there. It’s a great journal where we get to see things from everyone, have some chatter and still learn. I like it just the way it is. I don’t think limiting a thread to certain pages would do anything, and it’s super simple to unwatch or just scroll past cause, it’s one thread.

CubsFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Threads in the lounge that show amazing food, but don’t give enough detail on the prep. Obviously the smoker/bbq is absolved. They show us how to do it up!

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the influx of threads about one topic (ie the indo ban). We don't need 10 different threads about the same exact topic, because its usually the same members citing the same responses they did the previous threads. Also, the very basic beginner questions. Yes, I get it. We were all beginners once and this forum is to help everyone, but I find it hard to help someone that won't helps themselves. How do you expect to gain knowledge in this hobby if you aren't willing to do your own "research" and learn, like "my salinity is ### is that okay?" I know not every question is exactly the same as the last, but you need to learn and be able to take care of you tank with general "emergencies" without having to come to the forum and post a question about it. The more extreme/unique emergencies, then yes post here
Dude sorry but had to jump in for a second, not everybody learns from reading a book or article a lot learn by watching and asking questions and some like to do it themselves but need guidance speaking for myself I’m that kind of person. I like to be hands on but am more confident with a person that has the experience and knowledge is along side of me. Giving advice and explaining why I have to do what I do. And after a couple of times I’m good to go( I never get it the first time). I guess u can call it the hold my hand and guide me syndrome. Myself am a reef virgin and know nothing barely the simple basic things. But with the help n advice I got from the r2r community along with understanding I was very new , I was able to build my own tank With an extreme amount of help. Not once did anybody say “ Go look it up” but gave me honest n helpful answers. And I’m positive I asked questions that were probably asked n answers a hundred times. Thank you r2r

33A25A83-D0D3-42A2-BA3B-0BE70E1C1ED5.jpeg

flsalty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think what @Scrubber_steve is trying to say is that positive reinforcement encourages continued participation. If you see a post you like, hit the like button so the poster knows his contributions are appreciated.
Which brings me to another thing. People who like my post then correct me...lol. I don't mind being corrected, but why would someone like an answer they think is wrong ;Yawn

Larry L

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Threads like:
What's this hitchhiker?
id-please.jpeg
Pretty sure it's one of these:
id.jpg

Thread titles like:
Does anyone use an algae scrubber?
Yes, chances are there's somebody on this forum that uses an algae scrubber. What exactly do you want to know about algae scrubbers?

Original posts like:
Title says it all.
... followed by a page and a half of text, since apparently the title didn't really say it all...

BornHandy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I came upon that thread way after the bio cube but I’ve learned quite a lot in there. It’s a great journal where we get to see things from everyone, have some chatter and still learn. I like it just the way it is. I don’t think limiting a thread to certain pages would do anything, and it’s super simple to unwatch or just scroll past cause, it’s one thread.
Nothing right or wrong about the biocube thread, but this post was asking what annoys us, and I chimed in (maybe I shouldn't have) because "surprised" is probably a better word. It's hard to believe how large it's grown, and how frequently it appears on the top of the forums page.

I did try to go through it a few times, and I found a ton of good info and great images, but... To me, a post that size looses organization, gains unrelated content, and is hard to find specific info.

Plus, I can read several other threads and issues in a single night, but I hate to think how long it would take me to catch up on 2100 plus pages covering everything from biocubes to breakfast.

I make an effort to visit R2R every night, and didn't mean to step on any toes - it's just not my style, and I agreed with another user on the thread being too large - that's all.

There is nothing in the world wrong with the thread itself, but it's easy to be someone that was there early on, hard to jump into late because of all the catching up there is...

I hope that clears things up.. No ill will intended.

LadyMac

Freshwater sage fish whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing right or wrong about the biocube thread, but this post was asking what annoys us, and I chimed in (maybe I shouldn't have) because "surprised" is probably a better word. It's hard to believe how large it's grown, and how frequently it appears on the top of the forums page.

I did try to go through it a few times, and I found a ton of good info and great images, but... To me, a post that size looses organization, gains unrelated content, and is hard to find specific info.

Plus, I can read several other threads and issues in a single night, but I hate to think how long it would take me to catch up on 2100 plus pages covering everything from biocubes to breakfast.

I make an effort to visit R2R every night, and didn't mean to step on any toes - it's just not my style, and I agreed with another user on the thread being too large - that's all.

There is nothing in the world wrong with the thread itself, but it's easy to be someone that was there early on, hard to jump into late because of all the catching up there is...

I hope that clears things up.. No ill will intended.
Definitely none taken. I can see why it would be hard to follow and why it would annoy some trying to jump in. Just my personal opinion on it, is all.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's this hitchhiker?

id-please.jpeg

My fish has been gradually getting worse over the past few days. I need to know how to save him now! :p

Unknown.jpg

Back