What type of posts annoy you on this site?

Biocuber29

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t like it when there’s a giveaway and you skip people because of no response, because you don’t contact those people to let them know that they have won in the first place. Just my two cents.

Arricefe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed. @Arricefe you should be ashamed to call out a specific user and call them or their content annoying. R2R is about working together not hurting people. You other folks who jumped on it are no better.

Funny, I realize almost all of the threads I follow are over 1,000 pages. My own included is over 3,000. Something wrong with being active on the site? Making friends? Sticking with what you started?

This forum is for everyone.
You are mistaken @NY_Caveman up until just now I have NOT called out any specific user, ever. You on the other hand just did. You should be ashamed. Also I’m fairly certain that the people in that post get a kick out of keeping it alive but I’m stilled annoyed by it and it looks like I’m not alone, and that’s probably why they keep it alive. They have a right to keep it alive and I, and others, have a right not to like it. Have a nice day.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You are mistaken @NY_Caveman up until just now I have NOT called out any specific user, ever. You on the other hand just did. You should be ashamed. Also I’m fairly certain that the people in that post get a kick out of keeping it alive but I’m stilled annoyed by it and it looks like I’m not alone, and that’s probably why they keep it alive. They have a right to keep it alive and I, and others, have a right not to like it. Have a nice day.
"They" would be me. I keep it alive because it's my journal. Because our tanks are still thriving and growing. It absolutely isn't to annoy anyone. My sincere apologies if it annoys you or anyone else. Thank you, Katrina

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"They" would be me. I keep it alive because it's my journal. Because our tanks are still thriving and growing. It absolutely isn't to annoy anyone. My sincere apologies if it annoys you or anyone else. Thank you, Katrina
Maybe just need to rename it. Katrina’s Space Tank! Every picture of your tank include a random space object, toy astronaut, that evil slime thing from star trek tng, photoshop fts on to a picture of the space station. Who could argue with space tank.
To further drive my point home heres a trailer for a 1978 movie.

or just keep doing what your doing :)

Murica

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just started reading this thread and don't understand why people just don't skip threads/posts they don't like. Idk maybe it's just easy for me, but if I see something I don't like I just skip over it without it ruining my day.

I love R2R but I'm surprised loaded threads like this one are allowed. Clearly it's going to start arguments between people because the things that annoy people are obviously from other users.

And yes, I know I'm hypocritical for posting in this thread when I just said i skip over threads I don't care for. Also this isn't my way of subliminally pointing out one user or thread specifically, just sharing my .02 like everyone else.

I probably just shot myself in the foot making this post so I COME IN PEACE! My war committee already denied any ballistic strikes.

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just started reading this thread and don't understand why people just don't skip threads/posts they don't like. Idk maybe it's just easy for me, but if I see something I don't like I just skip over it without it ruining my day.

I love R2R but I'm surprised loaded threads like this one are allowed. Clearly it's going to start arguments between people because the things that annoy people are obviously from other users.

And yes, I know I'm hypocritical for posting in this thread when I just said i skip over threads I don't care for. Also this isn't my way of subliminally pointing out one user or thread specifically, just sharing my .02 like everyone else.

I probably just shot myself in the foot making this post so I COME IN PEACE! My war committee already denied any ballistic strikes.

This needed a video too.

Arricefe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"They" would be me. I keep it alive because it's my journal. Because our tanks are still thriving and growing. It absolutely isn't to annoy anyone. My sincere apologies if it annoys you or anyone else

One final reply from me on this post. @Katrina71 you don’t have to apologize for your post, you do you! If all I’m annoyed by is a silly post on a forum, I’m doing really good! @Katrina71 keep enjoying your tanks and posting about them, who cares what anybody thinks!

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
One final reply from me on this post. @Katrina71 you don’t have to apologize for your post, you do you! If all I’m annoyed by is a silly post on a forum, I’m doing really good! @Katrina71 keep enjoying your tanks and posting about them, who cares what anybody thinks!
Thanks! Happy Reefing!

zalick

A cup of water and a dash of salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
second on the list of annoyances said the quorum: unsolicited tank fix advice

+1

OP: help, my beloved 5yr old fish has an open wound that appeared overnight. Can you help ID and treat so I don't lose my oldest fish? (insert picture of said wound)

Reply: I see algae on the rocks behind dying fish (begin 5 paragraph essay on tank maintenance and how to get rid of said algae)

I know people are just trying to be helpful...but it often comes off as patronizing.

Squidward

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not just here. Anywhere where people promote faulty ich safe meds and "garlic" and "feed top quality food (as though the rest of us don't feed top quality food) cured their ich problems. And people who boasts about never quarantining and never having any problems.

theMeat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not just here. Anywhere where people promote faulty ich safe meds and "garlic" and "feed top quality food (as though the rest of us don't feed top quality food) cured their ich problems. And people who boasts about never quarantining and never having any problems.
Lol. Or people who claim 76 day fallow display with fish treated in qt is the only thing that works

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And people who boasts about never quarantining and never having any problems.

That would be me. ;Smuggrin

I don't like disease threads where someone quarantined and their fish get sick, then take virtually all the advice at the same time until their fish died.

Someone will say, dip the fish in fresh water, raise the temperature, lower the temperature, use Prizapro, use metheline blue, use acraflavine green, tree stump remover, diatom filter, Ozonizer, Add a cleaner shrimp, copper, coppersafe, copper that is not safe, aluminum, rogain, quinicrine hydrocloride etc.

Then the poor creature dies, as everyone knew it would.
Find someone who you feel has some experience with multiple fish over a number of years, not one fish from last Tuesday and ask them in a PM. Just my opinion. (And, No! Squidward, I don't want to debate this) :cool:

Squidward

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would be me. ;Smuggrin

I don't like disease threads where someone quarantined and their fish get sick, then take virtually all the advice at the same time until their fish died.

Someone will say, dip the fish in fresh water, raise the temperature, lower the temperature, use Prizapro, use metheline blue, use acraflavine green, tree stump remover, diatom filter, Ozonizer, Add a cleaner shrimp, copper, coppersafe, copper that is not safe, aluminum, rogain, quinicrine hydrocloride etc.

Then the poor creature dies, as everyone knew it would.
Find someone who you feel has some experience with multiple fish over a number of years, not one fish from last Tuesday and ask them in a PM. Just my opinion. (And, No! Squidward, I don't want to debate this) :cool:
You're the exception since you're an OG in the hobby. Not everyone can replicate your system. No argument from me.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Threads with insufficient food photos annoy me.

MATZd52.jpg

QoD9THt.jpg

theMeat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has proven to be correct scientifically as well. What other way works? Do tell.

Do not wish to derail another thread with bickering. Have been in the hobby for decades. Have seen how parasites and disease have become more prevalent. Have been on both sides of this fence and after my last fallow tank fail I took the leap of faith and went more along the lines of what PaulB promotes. Could not be happier with the results, and have never had better success.
That’s about all I will say about this on this thread

muzikalmatt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure it's been mentioned yet, but people who ask for advice then proceed to argue with everyone that gives it. Some even go so far as to tell the advisers why they are wrong. If you're an expert, why are you asking for help? It strikes me as someone who is just looking to argue and not actually looking for advice.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 23 31.1%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 59 79.7%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 12 16.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.4%
Back