What type of posts annoy you on this site?

Brittmcoleman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
People who think they know everything and tell you to do your own research and not ask on here. Personal experience is what some newbies need to hear to help them out.
Some newbies may be overwhelmed by the amount of threads or post... may not know where to begin or look for information.... I bet some are reluctant to post because of the replies they may receive or asking a question someone else has asked or multiple people have asked.... I am a newbie ‍♀️

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When people post stupid threads about what annoys you on the forum, that turns into nothing more than a bash fest of other forum members and in no way adds friendly, helpful, constructive conversation but instead tries to belittle others in an attempt to make yourself feel better about whatever it is that is bothering you.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When people post stupid threads about what annoys you on the forum, that turns into nothing more than a bash fest of other forum members and in no way adds friendly, helpful, constructive conversation but instead tries to belittle others in an attempt to make yourself feel better about whatever it is that is bothering you.
Agreed. @Arricefe you should be ashamed to call out a specific user and call them or their content annoying. R2R is about working together not hurting people. You other folks who jumped on it are no better.

Funny, I realize almost all of the threads I follow are over 1,000 pages. My own included is over 3,000. Something wrong with being active on the site? Making friends? Sticking with what you started?

This forum is for everyone.

Last edited:

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which brings me to another thing. People who like my post then correct me...lol. I don't mind being corrected, but why would someone like an answer they think is wrong ;Yawn

I've seen this...this is my thought. If we are discussing things and you come and disagree with my input in a thoughtful manner, I will like it based on the fact you took the time to contribute even if we disagree.

theMeat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen this...this is my thought. If we are discussing things and you come and disagree with my input in a thoughtful manner, I will like it based on the fact you took the time to contribute even if we disagree.
Agreed. Seems to me we live in a time of an avalanche of available information. Which is good in many ways, including our hobby which has seen big improvements with the ease and speed of ppl sharing info and experience. The bad side is it’s becoming harder to say anything without hitting someone’s nerve, even when not intending to. Idk but to me it seems most are getting so sensitive it’s unproductive. Less open minded, more finding info to support your stance and digging your heals in. On the internet/forums that can be entertaining, but can also turn a useful debate, which should include differences in opinion, into a doody ball throwing, popularity contest.

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed. Seems to me we live in a time of an avalanche of available information. Which is good in many ways, including our hobby which has seen big improvements with the ease and speed of ppl sharing info and experience. The bad side is it’s becoming harder to say anything without hitting someone’s nerve, even when not intending to. Idk but to me it seems most are getting so sensitive it’s unproductive. Less open minded, more finding info to support your stance and digging your heals in. On the internet/forums that can be entertaining, but can also turn a useful debate, which should include differences in opinion, into a doody ball throwing, popularity contest.
Is this off topic and annoying

B3358EC7-13CA-4BBF-BA4C-F63B4307F407.jpeg 63E82A5A-B3F9-4E27-9027-BCEEAACAD625.jpeg 51C86BF8-D820-4ACA-8793-638CF802A557.jpeg EA9D9C63-502D-48A9-8B95-9461EA324B09.jpeg 95BBDBD2-3BBE-4C98-BE06-4A24F5590FF8.jpeg FF737440-037A-4028-A1A8-591D54502820.jpeg C29C039F-EC3A-49CD-96FD-C64DDD086C05.jpeg DD93E175-CC31-43B0-BAD2-D77C642A1E2B.jpeg D943A0A5-AB7A-4E41-9B6B-A694A8ED4AD7.jpeg

Dub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone who is rude or just downright mean.

Newbies who ask the same question over and over. Do a search first!
As a newbie of 6 months may I inject a thought? At first I didn't want to ask the stupid question, after all any question you know the answer to is silly isn't it?, so I searched and searched for answers only to spend hours reading articles that were close but not the answer. This led to frustration and thoughts of just quitting. Now this is not the fault of the members, just the nature of large forums, it's worst then looking for a needle in the haystack, very discouraging!!
Thanks to those knowledgeable and very patient members that assist and encourage us newbies with their mundane and elementary questions. I know there are sections in the forum for beginners but few experts monitor them and where the experts are the subjects are too advanced.

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol, not at all. Interesting pics, and you seem like a cool guy.
Although...
If the fish get consumed I don’t have a problem with it. If you’re killing for sport, kinda sick
All the fish in those pics were very much alive and set free without harm. Maybe a little stressed but not hurt in any way the blood u see in one with baby great white was from another fish and not him. Would never harm an ocean creature ever. And well honestly the lobster was that nights dinner so he didn’t survive

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I can understand getting annoyed when someone starts chit-chat inside an informational thread. (Although I've done it many times myself.) But when it's someones personal build thread, I figure they can do whatever they want.

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Threads with no memes or pictures, how am i supposed to stay visually intrigued? Wait i think i just saw a spider using a small violin...,
ok im back, was just spinning a web, hold on a second, i saw a beam of light, must investigate...
04512F4B-5B22-4296-83CC-ED53EDF8D9D8.png

Mr.Guns

Resident Bullet Flinger
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The person that asks or tells us about their clowns that are hosting something?
I really wish people could get that one the right way round.

While I kinda get where you're coming from, I think it's a convenience thing. That doesn't make it right, but I imagine some people do it because it's easier than talking about their clowns forming a symbiotic relationship with their anemone, and "being hosted by" just doesn't roll off the tongue as nicely.

With that said, some of the gun forums I'm on, people still call a magazine a "clip," and that's just lazy.

Braves Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really don't get upset with any Op post ,, what upsets me :) there is a coral for sale post on the site right now ,, the OP says in his post the previous corals for sale were sold ,,, the new frags for sale haven't been cut yet and will need a healing period when they are cut ,, yet two posters after that ask for pictures of the frags ,, ahhh they haven't been cut yet ,,

flsalty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting take but I disagree. I think threads like this are useful as an outlet. Better here than ranting and raving out there all over the forum. It's healthy to blow off a little steam every once in awhile. One of those threads I mentioned earlier popped up and I just chuckled and answered it.

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a newbie of 6 months may I inject a thought? At first I didn't want to ask the stupid question, after all any question you know the answer to is silly isn't it?, so I searched and searched for answers only to spend hours reading articles that were close but not the answer. This led to frustration and thoughts of just quitting. Now this is not the fault of the members, just the nature of large forums, it's worst then looking for a needle in the haystack, very discouraging!!
Thanks to those knowledgeable and very patient members that assist and encourage us newbies with their mundane and elementary questions. I know there are sections in the forum for beginners but few experts monitor them and where the experts are the subjects are too advanced.

Don't ever be afraid to ask a question....it's a big part of why this forum exists. Just skip over any posts that don't have anything positive to add. Always remember you can just use the hashtag reefsquad (purposely didn't write it that way so it wouldn't pop up a meaningless notification to the squad). I promise those who are alerted by that will be happy to help.

S2G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All I can say is wow these are a lot of landmines to avoid.

Last edited by a moderator:

ksanfranfan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious if any type of posts annoy you guys on this site?

I enjoy threads with great content and subject matter. I get annoyed when they go from a great discussion and debate or disagreement and become pointless.
Everyone has an opinion but sometimes some of the threads just get nasty and personal and leave many people with a bad taste in their mouth’s. I know this because I’ve had people pm me about how a great discussion turned into 1 or 2 people wanting to be right even when being shown that they are wrong.
I agree with some of the other posts in this thread as well.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just saw one and got annoyed. I hate it when people feel the need to post to a thread that is several years old. I just went to read one tonight and every post was 5 years old except for the current post which was today.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 113 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back