What was the fish you were most excited to get?

ReefHomieJon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clown trigger has probably been my favorite. I got one from a shady shop that was the size of a dime and raised it up to a few inches before my tank crashed (no idea what happened) two or three years later. I was so heart broken; never had another one (that was around '96).
H
Yes, well mine can anyway

I also have a flame angel, coral beauty, regal......... I think I’ve forgotten some!
youre defying all odds with all these angels lol
How big is your tank

FishFinatic ;)

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was soooooo excited when I made the decision to get a porcupine pufferfish. I actually wasn't even looking for a fish that day, but when I saw him, I was obsessed! So, it was kind of an impulse decision, but the best one I've ever made. My LFS is holding a dwarf lionfish and a cowfish for me as well, and I can't wait!! I'm going to pick them up this weekend! ;Happy

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man I’m new to this site and idk where the signature is OR page 1 lol
No worries here you go.

ReefHomieJon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No worries here you go.

Super nice tank. Now I see y you can keep all those angels lol I only have a 125ga. I might not be able to pull it off.(maybe) just 2. I have a bi color but I’d rather try for a flame and a bi color

Breadman03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A pair of Latz clowns. I'd wanted a pair since I got into the hobby, basically just after they disappeared from the market, and finally got them when LA offered them last year. I hope to have them for a few decades.

Ah, the Lentenfridayfish.
I'm always very excited when McDonalds has two Filet-o-Fish for $4 :p:p

20190921_084735.jpg

Bryce M.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In this hobby there have been multiple times that I've gotten fish and was super excited about it...in fact, that's probably how I usually react to new fish...or corals...but anyway...I digress. If I really think about it, there have been a handful of times where I got something that just absolutely thrilled me more than usual...kind of like getting a bucket list fish or something. LOL Anyway, I think if I compare them all, the one that I was most excited ever to get was an Aussie Harlequin Tuskfish. That may be a strange choice, but that was the one that I think made me the most excited I've ever been about a fish. He was awesome! I had to get rid of him when we moved to Cali, and I haven't had another since, but he was definitely one of those fish that I'd always wanted...and I still get excited to see those.

1.jpeg

I don't have a pic of mine, but I love this photo of @OrionN's Aussie Harlequin.

What about you? What's the fish that you the most excited you've ever been over a fish? Did that excitement last?
Harlequin exact one you like! haha, saw one at my LFS, healthy guy but had to pass. they are on my list but I'm working on my 150 now and I'll get one for that once everything is moved

Peach02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one two but if It ends up fighting with the bicolor that I’m about to get, I might have to keep the bi color lol
I’ve got a bicolour aswell, there was a little fighting over who was boss of the tank but no damage was done

WMR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the feedback! I'm not ready for the Leucokranos quite yet, but am thinking about getting a pair after the first of the year. ORA has them listed on their website so I am assuming that they either have them or can get them.
Spoke with Donna at ORA, at this time, they’re not breeding Leucokranos or Randall’s assessors at this time, she said it could be that they’re out of breeding season, that there could be limited availability when they start breeding. It could also be not profitable for them. Hopefully they decided to quit breeding them or maybe another aquaculture facility could start breeding them, it would be ashame to lose those two species

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Spoke with Donna at ORA, at this time, they’re not breeding Leucokranos or Randall’s assessors at this time, she said it could be that they’re out of breeding season, that there could be limited availability when they start breeding. It could also be not profitable for them. Hopefully they decided to quit breeding them or maybe another aquaculture facility could start breeding them, it would be ashame to lose those two species

I agree. Thanks for the feedback!

flsalty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is going to seem silly, but it's the fish I caught myself. I had a Florida FOWLR with a Sargent Major, a couple gobies, two different grunts, a puffer, a filefish, and a remora. I caught them all but the remora, which hitchhiked in on a fish caught on my brother's charter fishing boat.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 32 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back