What was the fish you were most excited to get?

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maaaaaan I love my naoko’s wrasse
Add pictures. I love my Naoko Wrasse too. I got this one after the first one disappeared, assumed eaten by one of the Carpets.
naokofairy2019091904-jpg.1212634

And how many fish have you lost to them?
Have not lost any fish for many years then three this year. Hope my bab luck run out already.

madweazl

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clown trigger has probably been my favorite. I got one from a shady shop that was the size of a dime and raised it up to a few inches before my tank crashed (no idea what happened) two or three years later. I was so heart broken; never had another one (that was around '96).

LadyMac

Freshwater sage fish whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ever? My macrostomas! They were awesome, and I plan to get more most definitely.
385D15AA-35F7-4075-BEA4-9B532AA26E17.jpeg
95A64F6F-DA52-4B6F-AF34-9D53F2D1A07F.jpeg

Reef wise, my little lawnmower blenny. She’s just the cutest and so fun to watch. I love my clowns but this fish. This fish is something else.
B567FCB2-95B8-4F73-8999-1FD7F23B9B1C.jpeg
C58FF92C-CCB6-4B1D-8B0C-E6884C063CDD.jpeg

Last edited:

ReeferMaddness843

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2:
The Timor wrasse was an impulse buy at my LFS. He was just a beauty and couldn’t pass him up. Plus, they were running a wrasse sale so that sealed the deal. He has been such a great addition. Always out and patrolling the tank.
937843E8-D685-45C3-8F0F-AA90DEBE8315.jpeg

Secondly, my second pair of clowns. Dark Pheonix Clowns. I am successfully keeping 2 pairs of clowns now. These and a pit of Osc clowns. I have 4 BTA at the moment and a giant Duncan that one has taken as a host. No aggression as of now and everyone has their own respective home.
678CAC43-A920-49BC-BCEA-EE8E977F1264.jpeg

VO6

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd have to say the Marine Betta in my profile pic. I got him in July, and he was definitely a picky eater after putting him in my display from quarantine. Even in quarantine he wouldn't eat. That is not the case anymore, he is a PIG!! He even eats flakes, which definitely caught me off guard.

Kryssie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My White Tail Bristletooth Tang. I was afraid to order him online because I read that bristletooth tangs often have issues with mouth injuries and are unable to eat because of it. I pretty much gave up on getting this fish because I saw the price going higher and higher online. I decided I’d get just whatever small tang looked healthy and was eating when I drive to Austin to my lfs.

When I walked up the stairs into my LFSs saltwater section the first tang I saw was my beautiful boy, Bentley. (I’m just assuming his gender.) He was aggressively eating algae off of the substrate. I asked the employee if he is eating prepared food and she offered to feed him Mysis for me. After watching him eat and hearing the price, my wife bought him for me. He’s keeping my tank super clean now and getting along with my other fish. He’s also absolutely gorgeous.
35E22700-6DEF-41B8-B06A-84A7B328429F.jpeg

Peach02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My White Tail Bristletooth Tang. I was afraid to order him online because I read that bristletooth tangs often have issues with mouth injuries and are unable to eat because of it. I pretty much gave up on getting this fish because I saw the price going higher and higher online. I decided I’d get just whatever small tang looked healthy and was eating when I drive to Austin to my lfs.

When I walked up the stairs into my LFSs saltwater section the first tang I saw was my beautiful boy, Bentley. (I’m just assuming his gender.) He was aggressively eating algae off of the substrate. I asked the employee if he is eating prepared food and she offered to feed him Mysis for me. After watching him eat and hearing the price, my wife bought him for me. He’s keeping my tank super clean now and getting along with my other fish. He’s also absolutely gorgeous.
35E22700-6DEF-41B8-B06A-84A7B328429F.jpeg
That’s awsome, I’ve been wanting one for my new tank :)

Squeaky McMurdo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Foxface. I admired them when I had only a 29 gallon, I was tempted to get one when I upgraded to a 60, but held off. I upgraded to my 125 just so I could get one. I failed with two small ones on separate occasions and found a big one down in Utah that needed a new home. The 8 hour round trip down there was my anniversary request. His name is Spike. He likes to race my kids back and forth. He’s awesome. If we end up building a house and needing to live in a camp trailer for a few months, he will be going into foster care with a family member because I love him.

Small triggers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Foxface. I admired them when I had only a 29 gallon, I was tempted to get one when I upgraded to a 60, but held off. I upgraded to my 125 just so I could get one. I failed with two small ones on separate occasions and found a big one down in Utah that needed a new home. The 8 hour round trip down there was my anniversary request. His name is Spike. He likes to race my kids back and forth. He’s awesome. If we end up building a house and needing to live in a camp trailer for a few months, he will be going into foster care with a family member because I love him.
If you need any tips on living in an RV while building, feel free to PM me... 2 years going strong,lol House to be done by Thanksgiving this year!

WMR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was in the business for over 30 years, too many fish to list, but, it was like Christmas almost weekly, we’d get different fish all the time. If it was different, I’d get it. One of my wholesalers would call me if they’d get different clowns in, leukocranus, thielli, chrysopterus. I loved the asst fairy wrasses, lineatus, rhomboids. We’d also get Guamanian fish regularly, shephardi angels, flavocoronatus butterflies. Caribbean fish, linki grammas, swordtail jawfish. Also, aberrant dottybacks. Resplendent angels, Brazilian grammas, koi queen angels. Basically everything but the kitchen sink, I never brought in difficult species, leave them on the reef.I’ve gotten kinda spoiled. Don’t get me wrong, I’m a hobbyist like all of us are, I like the common stuff too.

Jon Fishman

Cleveland Ohio, buy/sell local!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say the Parrot (only fish in my main tank currently!) because I was at the store for 2 hours while they tried to catch it!

I WILL say, though.... my BTA was huge, and I lusted over it at the local shop, and was terrified I would kill it. Pretty much my first purchase, and it is doing amazing today.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
+1 on harlequin tusk

Squidward

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fowleri Tang. Fell in love with them the first time I saw one online. Bought one about 5 years ago when it was small. As it grew bigger, I noticed it was missing the mark behind the eyes. Turns out it was a Bariene Tang all along. Don't get me wrong Bariene Tangs are nice too and looks similar but just not what I wanted. Ended up selling him. Even saw one for sale that turned out to be a Bariene Tang as well. I told the seller and he didn't believe me at first but he checked online and was confirmed. Years later, downgraded and now upgraded to a 300g.. I now have a Fowleri Tang. He's still small at 3-3.5". Real active fish. Skittish at first but now he's perfectly happy around me.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bluefin is a fish I still want to catch, and the best tuna I’ve enjoyed was in Tahiti, but my bluefin damselfish is the most exciting fish that I’ve had. Neoglyphidodon melas is an attractive little fish but the reason I like mine is that one of them got into a fight with the Tomato clownfish pair and developed an eye infection that I thought would have killed it. It recovered nicely and a couple of months later it got into another fight and wound up losing an eye. That was years ago and old “Oneeye” has refused to give up and remains active in the Tomato’s tank in-spite of his disability.

I’ve waited for years for the clownfish to eat the other eye but thus far they have not expanded their diet in that direction.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 42 48.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 46 52.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 20 23.0%
  • None.

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.3%

Back