What was your first or biggest "newbie" mistake? | Tank Talk Thursday

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

mfief

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Buying a cute little tank bred Maroon Clown, it was six weeks old. Now it's going on 11 years old and we refer to it as the "wife eating piranha".
I bought a pair. They are still a pair but they think they are snow blowers and kick sand up that has covered half of my tank and dusted the rest

OP
OP
B

BSchlecht

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a feeling there is a lot of Mandarin stories out there. Such a beautiful fish most of us have a hard time staying away from them even if we know better :)

Thomas Porter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please don't get mad,cause I had to laugh but I HAD A 5 INCH MAROON IN MY 75...HAD HIM FOR 2 YEARS. bought another after a move, meanest SOB on the planet. this was 15 yrs ago. They're so beautiful though

DVeit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't understand everyone saying "adding xenia to my reef tank" or "adding shrooms to my reef tank". I've had xenia and rocks full of all types of mushrooms for over a year in my 75g mixed reef. My xenia never leaves its rock (been in the same spot for over a year and hasn't spread a bit) and my mushrooms do spread around but are no big deal to remove if I don't like where they land. I'd say my biggest mistake buying a used tank with scratches and a bunch of equipment that at the time I thought were cool but turned out to be crap, and the scratches at the time I thought weren't a big deal now drive me nuts.

NanaReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Superman Shrooms baaaaad!!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426043284.425204.jpg

PaulKreider

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't understand everyone saying "adding xenia to my reef tank" or "adding shrooms to my reef tank". I've had xenia and rocks full of all types of mushrooms for over a year in my 75g mixed reef. My xenia never leaves its rock (been in the same spot for over a year and hasn't spread a bit) and my mushrooms do spread around but are no big deal to remove if I don't like where they land. I'd say my biggest mistake buying a used tank with scratches and a bunch of equipment that at the time I thought were cool but turned out to be crap, and the scratches at the time I thought weren't a big deal now drive me nuts.

I had xenia, wasn't a problem for awhile untill I tried trimming it back once. That's when it went out of control, any small tissue particles that arent collected settle and form new colonies. For me this ment hundreds of new groups starting up.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back