What we find “INTERESTING” in this hobby?

OP
OP
Glenner’sreef

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The most interesting part to me is watching the way these tanks take shape. I don’t try to get grid of the nasty phase as soon as they begin and instead I enjoy watching it and how it ages.
I love watching the corals grow in too. Just watching how each polyp multiplies and replicates itself as the skeleton grows. Plus you have the colour as the coral drag ages. The colours change and some become much more dominant than others.
The final thing is, watching how each fish reacts with the surroundings in a much more natural way. And how they change as they age, for examples Bangaii cardinals as juveniles will group and hide within the spines of a Long Spine Urchin, but when they age they start to split off and find their own hosting LS Urchin.
Good point! Things do transition “positively” at times. Nature does that.

HankstankXXL750

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
What I find the most interesting is watching my daughter fall in love with the fish. She names them, she helps feed them, and she is learning about these creatures that she might not ever encounter in the wild. She is 10. I also love watching the interaction that happens within the tank. Wether it be the clowns wiggling in their anemone or sand sifting gobies rearranging my sand in mounds that I don’t particularly love (far to anal for it not to be fairly smooth) while making sure they don’t cover acans and blasto’s. Or my porcupine puffer soaking me by spitting while waiting for me to drop his food.
So much personality, unique traits and habits. Can just watch them for hours. Week and work on their tanks for hours as well.

ReefHog10

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefing is interesting to me because everyone has a different reason to "reef". It started as a hobby for me briefly from 2005-2006. Then in 2018 I started back up again.
In May 2021, I quit drinking alcohol, and reefing has been my crutch to stay sober. I focus all my extra time and energy on reefing, and consider it a lifestyle now.
I hear stories from my reefing group about how reefing helps them cope with anxiety, depression, stress, and loss. It is a common bond we share as reefers, and it has made us stronger as individuals.
And the fact that reef tanks are beautiful is a big plus as well! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
Thank you for your openness and honesty - glad to hear you’re doing well and best wishes to you and your reef!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 32.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 26.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 17 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back