What will you be doing to your tank this weekend!?

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Filling the rebuild. Maybe hit the LFS and window shop. You never know. WC Coral Farmers sounds like my kinda party if I was on the WC.
Mine too.. if I wasn't 8 hours away. Plus my work week is Sat-Tue.

One benefit of that schedule is I am usually working when the live sales are going.. Saves me a lot of money.. hahaha

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just added this beauty

Attachments

• 20220610_195225.jpg
    20220610_195225.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 33

Tuan’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I have lots today this weekend. I have 2 fish coming for my new tank in the morning. clean the sump , replumb the ato, clean up the wiring, aquascape and glue the frags to the rocks currently on the sandbed. Figure out how to move a RFA on the rock to the sandbed.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I don’t have a tank at the moment getting ready to move… :(

Jeffcb

Tang tang
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Changing filters and resin on RODI, gluing a few frags, waiting patiently to go to Reefapalooza!!!
I changed filters and RO/DI last weekend but I dropped the DI canister and broke it. Had to order another.
It just showed up so making water now. TDS was .004 so I drained 65 gallon tank. Its going to take a while to refill.

Anyways long story short I will be doing the 38 gal bi-monthly water change I do every other week on Saturday morning on my fowlr tank, Sunday morn. Going to let the tank fill tonight and clean and drain tomorrow. Then refill and mix salt.

After you pack your DI don't drop the canister like I did. lol

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I changed filters and RO/DI last weekend but I dropped the DI canister and broke it. Had to order another.
It just showed up so making water now. TDS was .004 so I drained 65 gallon tank. Its going to take a while to refill.

Anyways long story short I will be doing the 38 gal bi-monthly water change I do every other week on Saturday morning on my fowlr tank, Sunday morn. Going to let the tank fill tonight and clean and drain tomorrow. Then refill and mix salt.

After you pack your DI don't drop the canister like I did. lol
.004??? I wouldn't even bother. With such a small amount over the course of what you need for your tank... Assuming this is a holding tank for your RODI water.. is it really worth it? Looks like you have already done it so what is done is done.. but is it really needed?

Brit’s Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Observing my new Helfrichi Firefish pair and picking up another tank on Sunday. It’s going to be a surprise… agreed to buy it from a friend of a friend, sight unseen. Fingers crossed! (Price is still negotiable, ofc)

Attachments

• 63AF4E45-3099-4032-8C04-F232908A9255.jpeg
    63AF4E45-3099-4032-8C04-F232908A9255.jpeg
    94.4 KB · Views: 30

Jeffcb

Tang tang
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
.004??? I wouldn't even bother. With such a small amount over the course of what you need for your tank... Assuming this is a holding tank for your RODI water.. is it really worth it? Looks like you have already done it so what is done is done.. but is it really needed?
Yes. No telling what that .004 is. ORP has slowly dropped in fowlr almost 100 over the last few months. Filters were 15 months old.

I have a separate RO/DI system for my reef tank top off water. When I noticed hair algae growing I check it and was at .005. After correcting that hair algae is gone.

.004 is way to high.

HBtank

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's the weekend!!!! What plans do you have for your tank? I'm going to be doing some cleaning and taking some photos and possibly mounting some corals into permanent (or semi-permanent) places on my rockwork. I'll also be going to the West Coast Coral Farmers Market tomorrow. What about you guys?? Any fun plans?

i was just going to try and setup a new doser I got, maybe even get to some additional lights/fans on my canopy… but now I have stop by the Market tomorrow! Wouldn’t have known other than this thread. Awesome.

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. No telling what that .004 is. ORP has slowly dropped in fowlr almost 100 over the last few months.

I have a separate RO/DI system for my reef tank top off water. When I noticed hair algae growing I check it and was at .005. After correcting that hair algae is gone.

.004 is way to high.

Interesting.

My TDS meter doesn't even read that low. My holding tank reads at "1". When I draw a sample directly off the input line, I see 0. This makes me wonder at what concentration TDS play a part in active systems. .004 is probably less than what I actually have especially considering that my holding tank reads 1, yet I have never seen an adverse reaction in my running systems.

I find it intriguing that you have hair algae growing as a result of .005? I wonder what differences exist between your system and mine? Why does my tank run fine with my input and yours has adverse effects even with such a minor amount?

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's the weekend!!!! What plans do you have for your tank? I'm going to be doing some cleaning and taking some photos and possibly mounting some corals into permanent (or semi-permanent) places on my rockwork. I'll also be going to the West Coast Coral Farmers Market tomorrow. What about you guys?? Any fun plans?
Sitting back with a pot of tea and just watching the tank.

Derrick0580

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adding american dj power strips to the stand and currently I am putting together 4 phyto/pod culture jars similar to the posieden reef setup for a fraction of the cost!

RELLIK-REEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've spent every exciting day after work on the new build. Some horrible moments that turned out to be blessings. So I'll keep plugging away this weekend. Water test will be next Wednesday...I can't wait. Built the canopy today tomorrow I'll sand and stain it. I really like how it turned out. Hopefully will get to show some pictures tomorrow.

Happy reefing everyone.

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I assume 0.004 is 4 ppm, not 4ppb as nothing a hobbiest can afford could measure 4ppb.

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gonna be working hard to try and find a way to replicate my Fromia starfish's natural diet which won't be easy

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.6%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 15.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 73 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%
Back