What will you be doing to your tank this weekend!?

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a few more SPS on Saturday, which resulted in Blenny Removal. I finally took out the blenny from my nano and he’s now in the 4’ tank… somewhere.
Here’s the two montis I added to the tank. A Montipora digitata with some beautiful golden speckles on the bottom of the frag, I have never seen anything like it (even in photos) so I’m excited for it to grow.
image.jpg

And a stunning Sunset Montipora spoingodes to go with my green Montipora spoingodes. This was incredibly cheap compared to usual so I figured to go for it as they’re often quite rare over here.
image.jpg

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Off the rocks in the tank
Ah sorry! I recently purchased an algae scrubber. It’s about a month already. Today I’m going to clean the screen for the first time. Yay!

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ah sorry! I recently purchased an algae scrubber. It’s about a month already. Today I’m going to clean the screen for the first time. Yay!
Oo! I love an ATS. And cleaning them is very satisfying.

In other news...I got the rocks clean, but didn't get to do much else that I had planned. :( Maybe this week will be more productive for the tank.

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a few more SPS on Saturday, which resulted in Blenny Removal. I finally took out the blenny from my nano and he’s now in the 4’ tank… somewhere.
Here’s the two montis I added to the tank. A Montipora digitata with some beautiful golden speckles on the bottom of the frag, I have never seen anything like it (even in photos) so I’m excited for it to grow.
image.jpg

And a stunning Sunset Montipora spoingodes to go with my green Montipora spoingodes. This was incredibly cheap compared to usual so I figured to go for it as they’re often quite rare over here.
image.jpg
Nice frags! So is there a connection to “blenny removal” and getting new frags?

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice frags! So is there a connection to “blenny removal” and getting new frags?
Yeah, I had been struggling with my blenny for a while, he was extremely selective with which SPS frags he nipped at but he seemed to always go after the longer polyp Acropora species which is often the ones I love to have. It was either the coral polyps or the blenny and I don’t love the blenny as much as I would say a Multicolor angel. But I still had some attachment to him so he was moved into my larger tank where I plan to only have the easy species of SPS (Montipora, Birdsnest ect) which he doesn’t seem to go for.

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I had been struggling with my blenny for a while, he was extremely selective with which SPS frags he nipped at but he seemed to always go after the longer polyp Acropora species which is often the ones I love to have. It was either the coral polyps or the blenny and I don’t love the blenny as much as I would say a Multicolor angel. But I still had some attachment to him so he was moved into my larger tank where I plan to only have the easy species of SPS (Montipora, Birdsnest ect) which he doesn’t seem to go for.
Good move! This hobby really keeps us thinking. Lol.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good move! This hobby really keeps us thinking. Lol.
Man it does! I have been leaving it a good few months of “Maybe he won’t go for the others” and it’s been 3 times he has decided to chance me on it so he got what he wanted.

Crustaceon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did the scratch removal go? A few months ago I did a complete refinish of all three view panels of my 400 gallon also completed the process with system up and running. 1000 grit to 12,000 grit micro mesh sandpaper took the better part of 2 weeks to complete all three sides.
I'm happy with how it came out. I went the same 1000 - 12,000 grit route and did a Novus 1-3 polish on the outside with an orbital buffer. My 187g is a bit smaller than your 400, so this project only took me two days. I've also done this a few times without draining the tank or removing livestock, so doing this again saved me a bit of time and effort. I've never noticed an issue regarding the dust with livestock, including acros and the water was back to being nice and clear after a filter sock change. I used the typical "paint prep" sanding sponges for 1,000 - 5,000 and micro mesh for everything else higher.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back