What will you be doing to your tank this weekend!?

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It's the weekend!!!! What plans do you have for your tank? I'm going to be doing some cleaning and taking some photos and possibly mounting some corals into permanent (or semi-permanent) places on my rockwork. I'll also be going to the West Coast Coral Farmers Market tomorrow. What about you guys?? Any fun plans?

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well today is the last day of my weekend so I will say that over the last couple days, I did a water change on 2 of the tanks, washed out the dirty filter socks, and am awaiting delivery of my new 135g tank and stand.
New tank!! Dope!! :cool:

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New tank!! Dope!! :cool:

Woot Woot!!! Oh yeah baby!!! Been waiting almost a month to get this tank. Not as bad as some others have had to deal with, but still... I have 2 corals shipments being held up till I get the new build online.

Now.. all that said.. NEXT weekend, will be preparation of the new stand. It is unfinished and not well sanded as it is. I will be sanding, caulking, sealing and painting the new stand next weekend.

The following weekend will be tank swap... Probably going to take all 3 of my days off to complete. I don't have enough containers to carry the water I will need to get the tank filled up in one shot. Since the new tank will be going where the current one is, I don't have the option to simply drain a bit and dump it in the new.

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woot Woot!!! New tank and stand just got here!!!!

That poor delivery guy... I made him place the tank on the stand to ensure a correct fit, then take it back off so I could deal with the stand next week...

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Woot Woot!!! Oh yeah baby!!! Been waiting almost a month to get this tank. Not as bad as some others have had to deal with, but still... I have 2 corals shipments being held up till I get the new build online.

Now.. all that said.. NEXT weekend, will be preparation of the new stand. It is unfinished and not well sanded as it is. I will be sanding, caulking, sealing and painting the new stand next weekend.

The following weekend will be tank swap... Probably going to take all 3 of my days off to complete. I don't have enough containers to carry the water I will need to get the tank filled up in one shot. Since the new tank will be going where the current one is, I don't have the option to simply drain a bit and dump it in the new.
That's awesome!!! I feel you on the excitement of the new tank. I've got mine being built, and I have 2 coral orders on hold until it gets here as well. LOL! I really feel bad because it's taken a lot longer than I had thought when I originally placed the orders. Can't wait till it gets here!! It's going to be a 225g peninsula.
Picking up a tank for a build coming this summer. Ordered a new 60 breeder for in store pickup at Petco. Got it for $133 out the door.
Congrats!! That's a great deal!!

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This weekend starts ANOTHER battle with my archnemesis BRYPOSIS! Tanks doing well and has recovered from my last lumberjack coral harvest and new coral placement. Things are going pretty well. Except that the confounded, dadgum, ornery (censored) bryopsis just keeps coming back.

So, the war begins again tomorrow. No survivors. One of us will die. Pray for me.

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's awesome!!! I feel you on the excitement of the new tank. I've got mine being built, and I have 2 coral orders on hold until it gets here as well. LOL! I really feel bad because it's taken a lot longer than I had thought when I originally placed the orders. Can't wait till it gets here!! It's going to be a 225g peninsula.

Same... My tank and stand were supposed to have been here 3 weeks ago. I couldn't pass up the deals on the RFA's and the others on the Memorial weekend sales. Much thanks to @Coral-vault and @REEFTIDE for holding these orders for me!!

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This weekend starts ANOTHER battle with my archnemesis BRYPOSIS! Tanks doing well and has recovered from my last lumberjack coral harvest and new coral placement. Things are going pretty well. Except that the confounded, dadgum, ornery (censored) bryopsis just keeps coming back.

So, the war begins again tomorrow. No survivors. One of us will die. Pray for me.

We will send a sympathy card to your next of kin..

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Since your wife will be to busy spending the insurance money with the new BF to worry about your tanks, Can I have them?

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problem Brother. If I don't make it through the battle alive, the tanks are yours. Just keep in mind that the victor will probably come with them.

WirelessMike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's the weekend!!!! What plans do you have for your tank? I'm going to be doing some cleaning and taking some photos and possibly mounting some corals into permanent (or semi-permanent) places on my rockwork. I'll also be going to the West Coast Coral Farmers Market tomorrow. What about you guys?? Any fun plans?
Filling the rebuild. Maybe hit the LFS and window shop. You never know. WC Coral Farmers sounds like my kinda party if I was on the WC.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.2%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 29 16.7%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back