What would happen to your tank if

Ashley Kekua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Ashley Kekua - I just looked at your post history. You have 178 posts and 18 of them are on this thread which you have completely derailed. You have spent more than 10% of your thread count on R2R arguing with @Hemmdog and @Sarah24!

Follow the rules. Stay on topic.
Guess you not like Truth! All three of you Know-it-alls always correct haha I'm out!

PaulPerger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

First, I’m very very glad your still among us to share this. (Sorry was hectic day), things can happen very quickly and yes tanks and other things are always put on the back burner. Yes it makes sense, but you pointed out things that I didn’t even consider. You are very correct these things happen three times faster than a tank crashing. I am definitely going to implement a lot of your thoughts and ideas. On side note how have you been and how’s the recovery coming?

I am very well. It took several months to get "back to normal", but I have been given a clean bill of health. Thanks for asking...

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am very well. It took several months to get "back to normal", but I have been given a clean bill of health. Thanks for asking...

Hello,

That is awesome to hear glad your still in the hobby as well and clean bill of health to boot. Can’t get much luckier than that.

@FGourdin I have seen a few responses and others that have this as well. I know for friends that I know of, the lfs or aquariums or kinda hit and miss. But it’s awesome to see the lfs has that option for you.

Philipgonzales3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope my now 8 year old son or 1.5 year old daughter would take it over but it all depends. If they are still going through college and what not then honestly there are far more important things. I guess as time goes on I will think about this more. I'm only a little over 2 months in, so at this point I'm more likely to cause a crash than my death. Not that I would want this, just trying to be open minded. My immediate concerns are battery backup/backup generator, chiller, etc.

Sorry I think this post helped me more than it answered any of your questions. I'll start to bring up the topic with my fiancee. She doesn't care for the the tank. I'll probably just tell her to sell everything.

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope my now 8 year old son or 1.5 year old daughter would take it over but it all depends. If they are still going through college and what not then honestly there are far more important things. I guess as time goes on I will think about this more. I'm only a little over 2 months in, so at this point I'm more likely to cause a crash than my death. Not that I would want this, just trying to be open minded. My immediate concerns are battery backup/backup generator, chiller, etc.

Sorry I think this post helped me more than it answered any of your questions. I'll start to bring up the topic with my fiancee. She doesn't care for the the tank. I'll probably just tell her to sell everything.

Hello,

Lol that’s the whole point my friend is to help those who have not thought of this. It’s honestly depressing to think and ponder about I’ll admit it. The good thing is at least you will have something in place, during a time where, most wouldn’t consider it even relevant.

Jon Fishman

Cleveland Ohio, buy/sell local!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nobody finds it odd that her dad is talking about her potential death?

I have no plans.... so in death I will be much like in life......

BryanD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't done it yet, but plan on giving my parents and each of my sisters a letter with the names and phone numbers of some pet shops to call and have come get the livestock if/when I die.I don't have any friends or family that are in the hobby. My main concern is my pets, the fish, inverts, and corals, are all given a new home and don't just die in the tank. Just give it to them, and at least it'll have a shot at a new home.

Oldsalt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My current 340 gallon was given to me by the wife of my close friend, Arthur, and marine aquarium mentor who suddenly died of a coronary. He was amazing and taught me so much about this hobby

Back