What would make you watch Reef2Reef Youtube Videos?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If we were to really invest time and effort into an R2R YouTube channel what are some things that would get YOU to watch?

I want to know what YOU would watch, not what others are doing, but the things that would make you tune in!

Live Guest Shows?
Tank Tours?
Reefing Show Tours?

Lebowski_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The thing which makes R2R different for me is all of the veterans and highly respected members that post here regularly.

I would really love interviews and tank overviews from the really incredible members who have long running, successful and healthy reefs. Questions about what they do differently, their favourite animals in their tanks, etc.

Basically the exact opposite of most Youtube reef channels like (BRS, etc) which use a little helpful info to get you to watch what is essentially and ad trying to generate sales.

I recently read a thread where @OrionN explained how he knows when his anemones are sick, and what he does. I'd love a well made video with that info, along with a tour of his tanks. Another example was reading through a thread where @Randy Holmes-Farley explained why it's important to know the limitations of different salinity testing tools...I learned a lot that day. I would have figured the digital tools were essentially perfect, but there is more to it.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Lets talk about fish. Especially ones with extremely high metabolism. I've seen too many posts on tangs dying a slow death due to "looks like he ate enough to me". Now followed by a copperband.

Let's see a video of how to feed these fish properly, so they don't wither to slow and painful starvation.

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think It would be cool if we got tours of various tanks here on the website, like a video tour or interview with the "reef of the month" person. Maybe interviews with experts in the hobby. Maybe even something like a live Q&A video with experts in the hobby.

EricR

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another vote for tank tours,,, with experienced reefers talking about strategies/methods that have both worked and failed for them.

Also, specific topics like dealing with different nuisances that experienced reefers have dealt with,,, again, what worked for them and what didn't. (A lot is already posted on here but video would be more engaging to me)

bubblybubbles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like all of these ideas.

An all around channel that can cover a variety of topics in a timely manner (meaning not waiting months for episode 2 for instance) and give good and useful information would be awesome. Interacting with the community is a big plus too.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Will this be before or after the app is available?
I promise the app is coming and being worked on! You’re one of the first to get to try it and test it! ;) I’ve actually got a copy on my phone already. Been slow I know but the devs are working on it! This is a small company we are working with and it’s the little details that are taking the longest. We want it to be as close to perfect as possible! Maybe I’ll share some new images soon!

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks for the input folks!

machome79

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank tours from veteran members. Interviews with tank of the month winners. Anything geared towards real info without it being a sales pitch .

Blopple

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank tours, livestock spotlights, maybe like 'meta-reviews' of frequent questions/topics from the forums?

I'm sure there would be equipment reviews etc, but that area is so over-saturated I honestly wouldn't watch them.

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If we were to really invest time and effort into an R2R YouTube channel what are some things that would get YOU to watch?

I want to know what YOU would watch, not what others are doing, but the things that would make you tune in!

Live Guest Shows?
Tank Tours?
Reefing Show Tours?
Thats a loaded question :).

Live guest shows.
Tank shows - where the owner shows what he/she is doing thats working - and some of the problems they have had.
Reefing show tours - Meh

I think educational videos are the main thing - Education that is more that shown on a 'tank show' - i.e. Lets talk about quarantine - here is the data for and against. Let's talk about Treatment for Ich, Lets talk about treatment for velvet, etc etc. Simple, short, and perhaps done in live stream to allow for questions,

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back