What would make you watch Reef2Reef Youtube Videos?

xcountryx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DIY builds, tank tours, expert advice. I would love to see reviews on products that aren't based on just trying to sell you the product.

BRS does alot of lighting reviews and settings for those lights. But there's lights out there alot of us use and there's slim to no videos about them.

Show me good information on a variety of topic without trying to sell that top $ product.

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lets talk about fish. Especially ones with extremely high metabolism. I've seen too many posts on tangs dying a slow death due to "looks like he ate enough to me". Now followed by a copperband.

Let's see a video of how to feed these fish properly, so they don't wither to slow and painful starvation.
We need fish videos and especially fish care videos. It really is a missing niche in youtube. We need a Clint's Reptiles for marine fish and inverts:

Last edited:

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't want to watch a 30 min video to see if it was interesting. I'd want to read some sort of 2-3 paragraph description in 2 minutes to decide if it was worth the time to watch. Unlike an article where one can easily skim through uninteresting stuff, it's harder with a video.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I wouldn't want to watch a 30 min video to see if it was interesting. I'd want to read some sort of 2-3 paragraph description in 2 minutes to decide if it was worth the time to watch. Unlike an article where one can easily skim through uninteresting stuff, it's harder with a video.
This is absolutely true!!!!!!! Though the common phrase is 'a picture is worth 1000 words' - a video is often an extreme waste of time as compared to reading text - with pictures below.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Tank tours.
Live guest would be tricky unless youre talking about speakers

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0

jabberwock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, this might be out of the box.

What about a real support SERVICE with experts offering potential solutions to solve specific problems.

Almost a "help desk" for reefing on a variety of scales of tank volumes and types.

You kind of already have this, but it becomes the wild west when it exists with no governance. There are no absolutes, but there are best and proven practices.

Granted it is all subjective, and your milage may vary, but imagine a service that provided several proven remedies to specific issues. All heavily disclaimed of course.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I promise the app is coming and being worked on! You’re one of the first to get to try it and test it! ;) I’ve actually got a copy on my phone already. Been slow I know but the devs are working on it! This is a small company we are working with and it’s the little details that are taking the longest. We want it to be as close to perfect as possible! Maybe I’ll share some new images soon!
HOw's about a video of "Making the App?"

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
OK, this might be out of the box.

What about a real support SERVICE with experts offering potential solutions to solve specific problems.

Almost a "help desk" for reefing on a variety of scales of tank volumes and types.

You kind of already have this, but it becomes the wild west when it exists with no governance. There are no absolutes, but there are best and proven practices.

Granted it is all subjective, and your milage may vary, but imagine a service that provided several proven remedies to specific issues. All heavily disclaimed of course.
People usually have to pay for SERVICE.
There are a lot of people offering opinions; if one does due diligence, they can pick the experts to listen to and implement proven solutions.

I've spent time reading a lot of posts on here and already thought there was that kind of a situation here, as you've mentioned. Maybe I don't understand what you're getting at.

thelonereefer1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really enjoy watching tank tours and seeing how different people set up their systems and what equipment they use or don’t use to achieve success. I also appreciate the informative videos and podcasts from BRS. Reef builders. Reef bum. Reef dudes. And tidal gardens just to name a few

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I think the Profile feedback feature (the little colored boxes under your profile picture) is a super cool feature but knew nothing about it till someone hooked me up.
Having a small video series like 'Forum insider tips' that explains some of the cool XenForo features we have on R2R would be cool.

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to see showcased the Rotm tanks and how they came together reflecting the history of them ”visually” (thru video), rather than just photos, and also dive in deeper into the tank.

I would also like the build threads from many of the community members be showcased and have “sit down conversations“ on how these tanks came to be why they got into it and what they like and so on

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back