What would make you watch Reef2Reef Youtube Videos?

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
People usually have to pay for SERVICE.
There are a lot of people offering opinions; if one does due diligence, they can pick the experts to listen to and implement proven solutions.

I've spent time reading a lot of posts on here and already thought there was that kind of a situation here, as you've mentioned. Maybe I don't understand what you're getting at.
I was thinking the exact same.

We already have r2r that helps everyone from simple new challenges to complex chemistry , along with identifying never seen before creatures .

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
, along with identifying never seen before creatures .
Like this thing
Evolve Charles Darwin GIF by Jimmy Arca

Weasel1960

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, this might be out of the box.

What about a real support SERVICE with experts offering potential solutions to solve specific problems.

Almost a "help desk" for reefing on a variety of scales of tank volumes and types.

You kind of already have this, but it becomes the wild west when it exists with no governance. There are no absolutes, but there are best and proven practices.

Granted it is all subjective, and your milage may vary, but imagine a service that provided several proven remedies to specific issues. All heavily disclaimed of course.
I like this idea. Do a search on R2R for a given topic and you will get 100’s of opinions. Take the same search topic done by one selected subject matter expert on best practice and make it a video…that’s a service that could make or break someone’s immediate problem. Would also like to see some DYI pictures are great but watching the steps is better IMO.

jabberwock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like this idea. Do a search on R2R for a given topic and you will get 100’s of opinions. Take the same search topic done by one selected subject matter expert on best practice and make it a video…that’s a service that could make or break someone’s immediate problem. Would also like to see some DYI pictures are great but watching the steps is better IMO.
Yeah - I like where you have led this. Let's use aptasia as an example. Search "I have aptasia". This leads to a You Tube video of multiple potential solutions for a variety of tank volumes, conditions and situations provided by a cumulative resource of experts for that particular condition.

There are no guarantees or bullet proof solutions, but a variety of proven remedies that apply to a variety of tank variables.

OctaviusBrine

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I promise the app is coming and being worked on! You’re one of the first to get to try it and test it! ;) I’ve actually got a copy on my phone already. Been slow I know but the devs are working on it! This is a small company we are working with and it’s the little details that are taking the longest. We want it to be as close to perfect as possible! Maybe I’ll share some new images soon!
Can’t wait for the app!! That’s gonna be sweet no more loggin in everytime I use it in my phone lol

flyfisher2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be awesome to have interviews and see the tanks of the successful tank keepers who are part of the forum. Also of the tank of the month winners.
Have specific topic days and allow the members to ask the iperson being interviewed pertinent questions. Maybe we know in advance who is going to be speaking and we post our questions in advance. This way the material can be filtered and we dont ask irrelevant questions.
The wealth of information available here is incalculable!
Keep it a hobbyist view forum, not so much being influenced by sales pitches. Vendors would love to jump in and at that point it'll just be competition and biased.
Just my .02 cents as an avid You Tube video watcher.

NkSde

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Plumbing tutorials
Diy projects
Care profiles of popular coral species
Q&A interactions
Newbie corner back to the basics for the old heads.
Someone to explain what on earth my flow is supposed to be and why
Budget options and gear reviews
High end options and gear reviews

Average joe approaches to things, alot of youtube channels feel unrelatable some people aren’t trying to maximize frags and turn around corals some of us just like to watch em exist.

i could go on for a while on the subject.

honestly a channel w the same approachable vibe as this community.

The_Skrimp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m trying to think of the YouTube videos that I already watch the most and it’s usually useful information like when BRS tests the par on various lights or when they experiment with different kinds of set ups. The sciency sort of videos that inform me on things that I can do with my own tank seem to be the ones that draw me in the most. Reef2reef is in a special position where they don’t have to try and sell me something so if there are videos that make arguments for one or another type of set up or practice, then I’ll be more likely to pay attention to their suggestions.

flyfisher2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m trying to think of the YouTube videos that I already watch the most and it’s usually useful information like when BRS tests the par on various lights or when they experiment with different kinds of set ups. The sciency sort of videos that inform me on things that I can do with my own tank seem to be the ones that draw me in the most. Reef2reef is in a special position where they don’t have to try and sell me something so if there are videos that make arguments for one or another type of set up or practice, then I’ll be more likely to pay attention to their suggestions.
Exactly why we need host and shows who will cater to topics and levels of the hobby where individuals will feel drawn. The hobby encompasses too much to be governed by just one pod cast or show and the interest will vary from beginners to advanced.
One person wants to know what light to put over his or her zoas. Another wants an in depth look at the spectrum and more.
Soooo much to cover and fortunately for all of us, the knowledge and answers we seek are right here just waiting to be picked.

Propane

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All of the stuff mentioned TBH. For me it has to be varied and interesting and educational Hitting every level of this hobby and giving as much attention to cycling as you would fine tuning phosphates. I see alot of differing opinions on stuff like cycling for example. If someone is willing have them do a long cycle and then have someone else do a cowboy cycle. Follow up videos would explain how and why it worked. Useing people from this community would be a plus as well.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Some really, really good suggestions everyone!!

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Creating community (I’m guessing) is numero uno for R2R. To address all levels of hobbyists, from beginners to advanced and to create a common sense easy format, Monday-Tuesday beginner level topics. Wednesday-Thursday mid-level topics s and of course Friday-Saturday advanced level. An easy way to “tune in” at the right time of the week. Also, R2R should take advantage of Reefapalooza where potentially 4 times a year, 100s of R2Rers are in attendance and available for some interesting personal experience video segments that could easily be shot on location. These could be 15 second, 30 seconds, 5 minutes? and aired all throughout the year. Little to no editing. Talk about building community. Which again is “numero uno”.

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank set ups from less expensive to all out reef tanks, lighting options with real par reading from t5 to good LEDs and cheap over seas Amazon lights. Featured member tanks. I have always thought that the big three letter you tube channel videos could be done so much better if they were coming from real people using the items in real world home settings. From there lights, refugium ECT. I have seen lot's of good ideas already posted.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be completely honest, nothing would probably get me to watch. Just not my thing. Never watch any other reefing videos either.

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank tours. Videos on care of specific species. I read quite a bit of info on reefing, particularly here, but I’m a pretty visual person. If I see it done in a how to for example I tend to “get it” faster. Would love to hear/see interviews with people from different vendors and maybe we tours of their facilities. Noticed member tanks. That would be nice.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 48 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 20.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back