What would you buy RIGHT NOW if you found an AMAZING deal on it?

What would you buy RIGHT NOW, ONLY if you found an AMAZING deal on it?

• Equipment

Votes: 452 51.2%
  • Dry Goods

Votes: 24 2.7%
  • Fish

Votes: 84 9.5%
  • Coral

Votes: 238 27.0%
  • Other Livestock

Votes: 9 1.0%
  • Nothing

Votes: 65 7.4%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 11 1.2%

• Total voters

deplinger

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean, they're both magnetic plates with mixing bars at the bottom... I'm not sure they're that much different. If your reactor sits flat, you could set it ontop of the magplate and drop the bar in and then you have a stirrer... Unless I am missing something obvious?
Good idea, I am going to try it. My current glass jug is not flat on the bottom but I will try too find something flat and see if i could make this work. I already have a stirring plate. Will keep you informed.

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been in the market for a house for over a year.... So, there's that...
That would allow me to buy a 6ft tank. I wouldn't have to upgrade anything for the tank but I am looking to buy an awc system.

design.maddie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My vote goes to fish, and I'm not even a fish person. My equipment list is rock solid so even a good deal would be a deal I don't need. My coral stock is to a point that I have room for maybe 5 more corals so a deal here would be a chance I would jump on something. NOW, I have my fish stocking to a point that I need a 2-3 more fish and I will be finished. If I found a deal on a pair of clowns I would purchase pretty much on the spot. Same thing if I could find a blenny for the right price and size.

jtone_philthy_aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A UV Sterilizer! I really need one for my 75g, but can't afford the $400+ price tag. It would have to be ridiculously low priced, tho, for me to buy myself something at this time.
I understand it’s probably not at all what you would prefer to have running in your sump but a very cheap ( temporary if you aren’t satisfied) uv lighting option are the cheap exposed heater shaped style that they sell on Amazon. A few months back I had a battle with dinos and I have Amazon prime and I came across those because I needed something that was going to arrive ASAP. It worked really well surprisingly! They have the ones that have a timer controller / or just an on / off switch style. I got mine for $ 20 bucks. beat dinos and always have crystal clear water to this day and I run it most of the time so it’s being used heavily. You may have already seen these before but I figured I’d shoot u a message just in case you really needed one fast and cheap. I keep it in the bubble chamber with some filter floss stuffed in there so the water flow slows down a bit to really get sterilized. Good affordable alternative

MamaP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand it’s probably not at all what you would prefer to have running in your sump but a very cheap ( temporary if you aren’t satisfied) uv lighting option are the cheap exposed heater shaped style that they sell on Amazon. A few months back I had a battle with dinos and I have Amazon prime and I came across those because I needed something that was going to arrive ASAP. It worked really well surprisingly! They have the ones that have a timer controller / or just an on / off switch style. I got mine for $ 20 bucks. beat dinos and always have crystal clear water to this day and I run it most of the time so it’s being used heavily. You may have already seen these before but I figured I’d shoot u a message just in case you really needed one fast and cheap. I keep it in the bubble chamber with some filter floss stuffed in there so the water flow slows down a bit to really get sterilized. Good affordable alternative
Thanks! I appreciate it. Unfortunately I don't have a sump. I have a Fluval FX4 canister filter, so I need one I can run water thru either in line or, more likely, due to the high water flow, on a closed loop system.

SaltyShel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the biggest weekend of the shopping year is upon us I know that many of you are looking for a good deal and some of you ONLY if it's an amazing deal! Let's talk about what you would buy if it was a deal too good to pass up! Maybe a sponsor will take note and make you an offer! :)

unnamed.jpg

i didn’t qualify for the Affirm payments on the BRS website, so I wasn’t able to get the tank i really really want for Black Friday or my birthday (which was yesterday).
If there was an amazing deal, that I could actually afford, I wouldn’t hesitate to buy the Red Sea MAX E-260!!! But…if I HAD to choose another option, the Red Sea MAX E-170 would be my second favorite option.

i was in love with this tank from the start, so I’ve been really bummed I couldn’t get it, especially since this is really the only thing I wanted for my bday, other than maybe a few days off work to go on vacayyy lol. But this tank was pretty much all I’ve been looking forward to. Not to sound cheesy lol.

…Besides a Ford F-150 but obviously no one is going to buy me a truck hahaha

dbowman5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I voted other because you can only pick one, i would buy Equipment ,Dry goods, fish, and other livestock(CUC).
i am watching my coral grow and there are enough to continually delight me. I am not sure how you get an amazing enough deal on Nothing to get me to buy it.

jskidds2294

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the biggest weekend of the shopping year is upon us I know that many of you are looking for a good deal and some of you ONLY if it's an amazing deal! Let's talk about what you would buy if it was a deal too good to pass up! Maybe a sponsor will take note and make you an offer! :)

unnamed.jpg
A large acrylic fish tank. Preferably 240g+.

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I voted nothing, as I have not seen any big deals on what I truly wanted. I did, HOWEVER, purchase a few AWESOME frags from @Living Reef Orlando while I was down there. I could not pass up the size of the frags for the cost. :cool:

Boaz1021

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What UV lights specifically are you referring to? I have a 40 gallon breeder as a sump and was going to buy a UV Sterilizer from BRS, but they were sold out of the one I needed. (I keep getting bacteria blooms with cloudy water)

I did end up ordering an algae scrubber, since I haven't been having much luck keeping algae out of my tank with just the skimmer.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I appreciate it. Unfortunately I don't have a sump. I have a Fluval FX4 canister filter, so I need one I can run water thru either in line or, more likely, due to the high water flow, on a closed loop system.

Did you check out lifeguard UVs at marine and reef?

They are fantastic quality but half the cost of a Aqua UV.

MamaP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you check out lifeguard UVs at marine and reef?

They are fantastic quality but half the cost of a Aqua UV.
I've looked at a bunch and read tons of reviews. I liked the Pentair 40w for the ability to run a higher flow through it and still be able to get the algae (and more importantly) protozoa kill off. I'll be sure to take another look, though!

AJsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in the rebuild phase so livestock is out of the picture for now.

Got quite a bit of dry goods though; salt, socks, etc. Nothing too crazy, I contemplated upgrading my pump to Royal Exlusive or Abyzz for more flow but want to test my Varios8 first and my tank is yet to be filled. If MP60s went on offer I would've probably grabbed two as well.

Buckster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would add two more yellow tangs. I will not pay the ridiculous price that some are asking. If I can't purchase them at a reasonable price then I'll pass.

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A Skimmer...specifically one for a 200 gallon system...I'm ready for a deal too good to pass up!!!

Pay Day Money GIF
Buy a Reef Octopus 250-SSS skimmer. I have one on my 225 and absolutely love it. Some may say its is to big, WELL, I had absolutely no issue in dialing it in.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Buy a Reef Octopus 250-SSS skimmer. I have one on my 225 and absolutely love it. Some may say its is to big, WELL, I had absolutely no issue in dialing it in.

I definitely agree. I found the same to be true with the Reef Octopus 150-SSS that I have - it dialed in extremely quickly. The only down side (which doesn't matter for most) is that it doesn't come with a built-in drain for the skimmer cup.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back