What would you do if you had the house to yourself for a year, and suddenly could make as bug a mess as possible?

Okay, which of these interest you, why? (Pick up to 3)

• Planted marine tank with lots of inverts

• NPS tank with deep sand bed and jawfish or garden eels

• Lagoon with RFA and LPS

• Industrial size phytoplankton system with a tank full of filter feeders

• Predator tank with snowflake eel and soft corals with tunze wave box

• SPS frag system

• Clown Harem

Results are only viewable after voting.
OP
OP
Smarkow

Smarkow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GUYS!!!!! The Cincinnati zoo just had a baby penguin born July 1st. If this isnt a sign from a higher power telling you to go "borrow" that penguin from the zoo while you're visiting your wife than my name isn't Steve.

(Its Greg by the way)
Funny enough, my name IS STEVE. That penguin is mine

inland_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So if I go marine planted, this pico from @inland_reef is one in the Mangrove lover’s thread that I find really inspirational. Anybody have others I should look at?

0DF4AB74-831C-460C-A451-FBD0B5205123.jpeg

Hey appreciate it! This is an awesome little tank and macro builds are awesome. I’d say go that route. If you’re looking for more inspiration @Tigahboy has a really cool macro tank going on right now. Not sure if he has a thread but check out his Instagram for recent photos.

GJak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I got your plane flight to Cincinnati and the return flights booked for you and "Steve Jr". When you land just make sure you go pick up some sardines so the peng... I mean "Steve Jr" has something to eat on the flight back home. I sent you a package that will make it easier to get on the plane, just make sure "Steve Jr" is wearing them before you go through security.

PS.....

Inland Marine is going to send over 7 more of those 75 gallon ice holding tanks tomorrow.

Polish_20200706_000838924.jpg

Last edited:

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I would do if I suddenly had the house to myself for an entire year-
Become my version of Jesus when he was homesless and grow long hair and beard and probably beg for money outside the Chevron dowm the street.
Order take out food the whole time.
Stock up on disposable dishes, cups, forks, spoons, bowls so I never had to do dishes again.
Turn every room in my house into reef house.
End up getting fired from my job.
Reef for food.

OP
OP
Smarkow

Smarkow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I would do if I suddenly had the house to myself for an entire year-
Become my version of Jesus when he was homesless and grow long hair and beard and probably beg for money outside the Chevron dowm the street. CHECK (minus the begging)
Order take out food the whole time. CHECK
Stock up on disposable dishes, cups, forks, spoons, bowls so I never had to do dishes again. TODO
Turn every room in my house into reef house. IN PROGRESS
End up getting fired from my job. EHHHH
Reef for food. FISH ARE FRIENDS NOT FOOD
:)

OP
OP
Smarkow

Smarkow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So...how'd that turn out?
30 seconds of confusion at the lack of penguins, a quick disconnect from work wifi fearing NSFW content, and then hilarity as I realized I have def heard one of my metal loving bosses play this at work before

but also sad at the lack of actual penguins?

creativeballance

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
30 seconds of confusion at the lack of penguins, a quick disconnect from work wifi fearing NSFW content, and then hilarity as I realized I have def heard one of my metal loving bosses play this at work before

but also sad at the lack of actual penguins?
Yeah...I know. I send the band regular requests to do a "special" version.

Tl02022020

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Giant concrete pond in the garage filled with mangroves and eels. Why isn’t this an option on the poll? Haha. Seriously what you are planning sounds like a fun project!

Mr_Knightley

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! I cant wait to see what you ordered! Gulf Coast Ecosystems is a really great dealer, I hope to order from him again in the future.

OP
OP
Smarkow

Smarkow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! I cant wait to see what you ordered! Gulf Coast Ecosystems is a really great dealer, I hope to order from him again in the future.
Thanks for the link for the macro dealer.

Gulf coast is seriously the best!!! This is my 2nd order with them and somehow it’s even better than I remember

OP
OP
Smarkow

Smarkow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only had a few hours after work to get stuff done and “of course” I was missing one plumbing adaptor (stupid metric to imperial gets me AGAIN) so that hampered progress.

So the tank is replacing the small breeder I had setup on the left. It’s plumbed in so that 1/2 if the display return (yellow overflow) will go into the planted tank and 1/2 will still go down into my cryptic zone (yellow tank)

34F65C3A-A744-4D1C-84D0-3F68392428F3.jpeg

0767934C-0552-4062-8054-8BC8FB910226.jpeg

D504D014-EFA4-41E7-9D32-744DC106A564.jpeg

In the meantime, waiting for the PVC to cure, I’m filling the planted display with ~75 gallons of saltwater and getting the new water heated so that there is no salinity or temperature shock when I suddenly turn a few valves and the two systems touch for the first time

A43A47EE-ED1D-437B-91F8-72E809A50C87.jpeg

Back