• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

What would you pay?

Nano Gabe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1963.JPG
IMG_1962.JPG
IMG_1961.JPG

I’m told this is a daredevil bounce mushroom. I’m not big on them but I’m getting a good deal. If anyone could help ID. Also what is the most you guys would pay for it?

saintsreturn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the rule mentioned above. My max is $25, but i did win a bounce so i have one LOL.

That said, i do not know enough to help your actual question to be answered. Good luck and only pay what you are comfortable with.

Side story, i once bought two bargain mushrooms for 10$. For two years i traded in rocks for over $80 that were covered in them almost quarterly. The best was when i got trade in credit for $160. Now i have three mushrooms (ok 4, but when i can get that thing loose he is out) and they all grow slow so i love them. Mushrooms are pretty and if i ever get to set up another tank, it will probably be a shroom tank, but until then; i want other coral that is easier to control.

OP
OP
Nano Gabe

Nano Gabe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice thanks for your feedback. What do you guys think though do you think it looks like a legitimate bounce? I’ve never heard of “daredevil” bounce mushrooms before.

Halal Hotdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice thanks for your feedback. What do you guys think though do you think it looks like a legitimate bounce? I’ve never heard of “daredevil” bounce mushrooms before.

I have paid high ticket amounts for made up names in the past, that is how I developed my rule :). Bounce shrooms are ones that have a cancerous like growth on them. No guarantee that the babies they produce will have the same type of growth, unless it has already been witnessed to do so on multiple occasions. I wouldn't worry about the name and focus on what he mushroom looks like now. If the appearance looks attractive to you then you also have to consider where is your comfort area price wise. There is no wrong answer to this, and you should not look at it as an investment. IMO mushrooms are one of the most inflated prices in our hobby. They are supper hardy, can be cut easily, and the pieces you frag heal quickly.

ReeferBean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Any mushroom coral with bubbles are called "Bounce" now. What do you mean legitimate bounce? That has nice color, but the mushrooms that fetch the most money have a variety of different colors. Make an offer, nothing to lose really.

OP
OP
Nano Gabe

Nano Gabe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He’s asking $60. Does it seem fair to you guys?

Halal Hotdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That picture is saturated in blue, so the colors are definitely more vibrant due to that in the picture. Fair is a very relative term. Across the country people pay significantly different prices for the same coral. I would be on the side of saying that is too high, but you already know what I think mushrooms are worth :).

Vu Nguyen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I trade my jf homewrecker frag for wwc og bounce.
Here a picture of mine in 6 months
6a2d6f5e44dbbc000d84e4de4f026f2a.jpg

Westernks reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would pay maybe 30 to 40 depending on the size I don’t see much of the bubbles to make it a “bounce” but I’m not an expert by any means lol

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 79 38.2%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 26 12.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 31 15.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back