What you opinion on the icecap 2k gyres?

Ecotech Marine

dirtyxducks19

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I’m considering purchasing two ice cap 2k gyres for my 30 foot 70 gallon tall. I like that I can place them close to the surface and get adequate flow throughout the tank. I was hoping two with my return pump would be enough and I can keep the tank looking clean with equipment barely visible

Top Shelf Aquatics

alain Bouchard

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
got 2x 3k on a 6ft tank. love em. Like dhnguyen mentioned, the app is not really straight forward and need some reading to figure it out; but I ended up using preset random flow with power limiting at night. The lack of feed mode button on the dual controller was a problem, but resolved with with a pushbutton switch, a 2.5mm jack and a 9volt battery.

Top Shelf Aquatics

dhnguyen

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
got 2x 3k on a 6ft tank. love em. Like dhnguyen mentioned, the app is not really straight forward and need some reading to figure it out; but I ended up using preset random flow with power limiting at night. The lack of feed mode button on the dual controller was a problem, but resolved with with a pushbutton switch, a 2.5mm jack and a 9volt battery.
My dual controller does have a feed mode. The challenge I had was trying to get it to connect to WIFI and not just bluetooth. Apparently the HYDROS app will not play well with WIFI networks that have no passwords. Took me weeks to figure this out since there was no mentioning of the password being a requirement on the setup instruction or in the app itself.

alain Bouchard

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
My dual controller does have a feed mode. The challenge I had was trying to get it to connect to WIFI and not just bluetooth. Apparently the HYDROS app will not play well with WIFI networks that have no passwords. Took me weeks to figure this out since there was no mentioning of the password being a requirement on the setup instruction or in the app itself.
I was talking about a physical button on the box, not in the app. Unless they integrated it with new version of the box?

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
They really move water. Fairly easy to clean / maintain. Like others said the app takes some getting used to. I've got a pair on a 4ft tank that's all LPS / zoas and I've got them turned down pretty far.

RAP

nereefpat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I struggle to come up with why anyone would have wanted WiFi or Bluetooth for the newer Icecap gyres.

I have an older 3K and I love it. It just has a simple, fairly easy to use, reliable controller.

Fritz

reefiniteasy

Check me out on IG!
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
New firmware for what ? The WE or hydros or icecap ?

jstephens1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Icecap It used to be limited to 4 wave modes

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED lighting

What is your most favorite type of shrimp for your reef tank?

• Peppermint Shrimp

Votes: 19 4.1%
  • Banded Coral Shrimp

Votes: 41 8.8%
  • Snapping or Pistol Shrimp

Votes: 44 9.5%
  • Harlequin Shrimp

Votes: 43 9.2%
  • Scarlet Skunk Cleaner Shrimp

Votes: 139 29.9%
  • Blood Red Fire Shrimp

Votes: 102 21.9%