What you opinion on the icecap 2k gyres?

moosevandyke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spent 4 hours figuring out the setup running two 4K. The new options are awesome. But don’t rely on customer service it was a beast :)

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 2k just installed today and can’t figure out how to get the pump to stop when I press the feed button from app. I can turn the pump off when I click on pump but then I have to manually turn it back on myself. I’d rather have it turn back on itself after 10-15 min

reefiniteasy

Check me out on IG!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 2k just installed today and can’t figure out how to get the pump to stop when I press the feed button from app. I can turn the pump off when I click on pump but then I have to manually turn it back on myself. I’d rather have it turn back on itself after 10-15 min

I haven’t converted my 1K to my wave engine yet, but create an account over at the Hydros forum and post any questions you have. I know on my control I have feed mode settings where I can choose what to disable/enable. It’s somewhere in there. In the pump settings is there something that says active in modes?

075B641F-AE9E-453B-BEC9-32CECEE7EBBB.png

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven’t converted my 1K to my wave engine yet, but create an account over at the Hydros forum and post any questions you have. I know on my control I have feed mode settings where I can choose what to disable/enable. It’s somewhere in there. In the pump settings is there something that says active in modes?

075B641F-AE9E-453B-BEC9-32CECEE7EBBB.png

That was it all boxes where checked in active in modes section for some reason. Thanks for your help.

ariceneo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With update 186 can the icecap control be added to the collective?

jstephens1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mine is set up with a schedule called feed. Set to constant and 1%. You can set to 0% for off Assign your pumps in that section.
Go to mode and select feed and make sure to uncheck everything but “feed” and set the timeout for how long
0A6A413B-F223-4F0B-97BE-5883A9D36222.jpeg

32E04F98-3F93-4090-A510-D127E028B00C.png

EBF67BAB-8AEA-48CC-BE33-94D25D305A46.png

Last edited:

PhilMStudy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought 2 brand new with controller... since firmware update they are unusable lol

I get read only option in App and there is no way to connect via cloud to work around it.

Then it resets each night randomly and I wake up to sand blasted everywhere.

I’m on day 3 of help with their customer service team and it is going nowhere

jstephens1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought 2 brand new with controller... since firmware update they are unusable lol

I get read only option in App and there is no way to connect via cloud to work around it.

Read only shows up when your connected via Bluetooth

dhnguyen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Make sure your WIFI network has a password. The HYDROS app does not play well if there isn't a password.
Took me a long time to get this connected to WIFI.

PhilMStudy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are working through it, it’s mostly a hardware issue unrelated to icecap

carlos and their customer service reps have been excellent

vahegan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got a 2k and 4K. Love them. Also have had two large Jaebo gyre pumps for the same amount of time - about 1.5 years. They’ve performed equally well (quiet, water movement, reliable,etc).
I've got the Jebao gyre and I am now considering to replace it with IceCaps. Jebao pumps work great when they are new, but they start losing power after a few months use. I had my first pump fail after about 6 months of use. The pump itself has failed, the controller and power supply work well. Then I got a similar unit that was generating good waves initially, but started to lose power after a few months. It still blows some water, but cannot create even a ripple on the surface. When new, it was causing waves of at least half an inch high. I have read somewhere that the issue is in rotor demagnetization - the author was having the same issue and placed the rotors that have gone bad between strong magnets for some time and they worked again for him, but for a short time. Well, I loved Jebao for the affordability but I don't want to spend more $$$ for testing and would rather pay more but get something that lasts. I was thinking to buy an IceCap 2k but I cansee that too many people are complaining about their WiFi controller. Should I get Maxspect instead? What are the long term advantages/disadvantages between Maxspect and Icecap? If it is only a one-time controller setup issue of the IceCap, I think I can live with it, I am a techie type person (and I certainly do have a password on my WiFi, LOL). Anything else to consider?

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got a 2k and 4K. Love them. Also have had two large Jaebo gyre pumps for the same amount of time - about 1.5 years. They’ve performed equally well (quiet, water movement, reliable,etc).
Have you ever noticed the 4K icecap pumps have the magnet exposed. Did or does this concern you at all? I just bought two 4ks and having a hard time setting them up because I don’t want to introduce any wanted minerals to tank from the magnets. I have always been under the Assumption that any magnet put in your tank should be incased or sealed some how from the saltwater. I contacted icecap and was not happy with there response to me of we do not know of any issues caused from the exposed magnets and we use them in our tank. I would have been happier with a little more detailed explanation accompanied by a no they do not leach anything into the water. Not a we do not know of any issues. Makes me feel like they hiding something.

Tclason1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you ever noticed the 4K icecap pumps have the magnet exposed. Did or does this concern you at all? I just bought two 4ks and having a hard time setting them up because I don’t want to introduce any wanted minerals to tank from the magnets. I have always been under the Assumption that any magnet put in your tank should be incased or sealed some how from the saltwater. I contacted icecap and was not happy with there response to me of we do not know of any issues caused from the exposed magnets and we use them in our tank. I would have been happier with a little more detailed explanation accompanied by a no they do not leach anything into the water. Not a we do not know of any issues. Makes me feel like they hiding something.
Wow - I actually never noticed. I don’t do water changes so ICP test quarterly and never noticed any metals from magnets in 1.5 years. But can’t speak to what that would look like longer term.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow - I actually never noticed. I don’t do water changes so ICP test quarterly and never noticed any metals from magnets in 1.5 years. But can’t speak to what that would look like longer term.
Magnets are made from a type of metal can’t imagine subjected to saltwater that they won’t rust.

dhnguyen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
magnets are typically made from iron and nickel so if they're not sealed you would see rust in no time at all.
I'd say that most likely the impeller magnets are already sealed.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back