ReefReadyYouTube

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We all have the same love for reefing but what’s your favorite part of it. I’m curious as to why everyone’s in the hobby or what got them into reefing? Is it the corals or the fish? Do you like buying a frag and watching it grow? Maybe it’s the whole tiny ecosystem you control and you can see your success? Maybe it’s something else. Tell me what you love about reefing!

cvrle1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

BarSnackz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The thing that drew me in when I saw my first reef tank was the flow. The corals swaying, the clowns swimming against the current, and the clowns rubbing all up against the anemone in my brother in law's tank.
These days it's just seeing the ecosystem that intrigues me. I can look at my tanks for hours and alway see something new - it's my escape.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like going to the LFS and looking at the amazing amount of colors that the corals and fish display.
Same joy in observing the shoppers and folks with stories that log on here at Reef2Reef.

Phildago

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The thing that drew me in when I saw my first reef tank was the flow. The corals swaying, the clowns swimming against the current, and the clowns rubbing all up against the anemone in my brother in law's tank.
These days it's just seeing the ecosystem that intrigues me. I can look at my tanks for hours and alway see something now - it's my escape.
I second this about the ecosystem and looking for hours, always able to find something new. It's fascinating

OP
OP
ReefReadyYouTube

ReefReadyYouTube

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol! So what’s your favorite part of reefing?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Color, movement, mysterious creatures that appear and the enjoyment of an ocean within the home.

OP
OP
ReefReadyYouTube

ReefReadyYouTube

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These days it's just seeing the ecosystem that intrigues me. I can look at my tanks for hours and alway see something new - it's my escape.
The ecosystem is something I like too. If you use lots of live rock with your tank you will find a new creature every time you look. Basically just seeing what will crawl out all of the holes.

W1ngz

Failed Padawan
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe I'm a masochist, but I like it because it's hard. Everything is a learning curve. And just when you get close to the top of the curve, new information knocks you back down, like when everyone said 5 years ago - 0 nitrate! 0 phosphate! Now, it's a tightrope walk of minimal but non-zero nitrate! minimal but non-zero phosphate!

OP
OP
ReefReadyYouTube

ReefReadyYouTube

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe I'm a masochist, but I like it because it's hard. Everything is a learning curve. And just when you get close to the top of the curve, new information knocks you back down, like when everyone said 5 years ago - 0 nitrate! 0 phosphate! Now, it's a tightrope walk of minimal but non-zero nitrate! minimal but non-zero phosphate!
I wonder what the hobby will be like in 25 years. All the new methods and equipment. I look forward to it.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 30.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back