Whatch out if you use Paypal!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

GainesvilleReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just looking at my Paypal account. And I found LiveAquaria set up for auto payments. I did not authorize auto payments to LiveAquaria. I recently purchased some coral from them. I did use Paypal to pay for it. But there was no reason for auto payments to be authorized and I did not intend to do so. But LiveAquaria set it up to do so. I have been a customer for years. But I will no longer trust them to purchase from in the future. This was clearly intentionally deceptive. There is no legitimate reason for them to do this. If you did pay with PayPal check you're autopayments and deactivate LiveAquaria immediately.

LiveAquaria

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@GainesvilleReef, we apologize for this recent inconvenience with your paypal account. If you could please reach out to our customer service team at [email protected] or via phone at 1-800-334-3699 so that we can personally look into this, we would be more than happy to ensure there is not anything incorrectly set up on our end. Once again, we apologize, and look forward to being able to assist with this issue.

EW_Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You sure it's not because you clicked a button when checking out to allow for faster checkouts?
That's what I was thinking. Mine has never been checked but it will pop up and ask. If you aren't paying attention then you just click it like most people

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I was just looking at my Paypal account. And I found LiveAquaria set up for auto payments. I did not authorize auto payments to LiveAquaria. I recently purchased some coral from them. I did use Paypal to pay for it. But there was no reason for auto payments to be authorized and I did not intend to do so. But LiveAquaria set it up to do so. I have been a customer for years. But I will no longer trust them to purchase from in the future. This was clearly intentionally deceptive. There is no legitimate reason for them to do this. If you did pay with PayPal check you're autopayments and deactivate LiveAquaria immediately.

Curious - do you mean it automatically uses PayPal when you buy something - or there is a recurring charge (even when you don't buy something). PS - Hopefully this will not be one of those threads relegated to vendor feedback - since its a question about PayPal:)

OP
OP
GainesvilleReef

GainesvilleReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It ends up being set up for recurring charges when it's supposed to be a one-time payment. So they have the ability to charge you at any time in the future.

LiveAquaria, I do not want to call customer service about this. Because nothing would happen. I'm hoping that by posting this, that it gets elevated high enough that it gets fixed. You have implemented Paypal incorrectly and leaving your customers at risk.

exnisstech

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting. I have purchased many items from LA using paypal and have had no problems. I have also called there customer service dept and found the representatives to be top notch. Refusing to call because you think nothing would happen may be a bit unreasonable. They can only correct problems if they are made aware of them and posting here rather than calling to get things resolved is probably not the best avenue but what do I know?

OP
OP
GainesvilleReef

GainesvilleReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used Paypal forever. Never had a problem with them. LiveAquaria is using reoccurring payments for one-time purchases. And that is wrong. It leaves an opening to your Paypal account. If they want to PM me I would love to help them.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have used Paypal forever. Never had a problem with them. LiveAquaria is using reoccurring payments for one-time purchases. And that is wrong. It leaves an opening to your Paypal account. If they want to PM me I would love to help them.

I think you are mistaken. There is a difference between a 'recurring payment' and a chosen payment method. If you select PayPal - Liveaquaria will use that for future payments. Thats not a 'recurring payemnt.' Unless youre not being clear. FWIW - I just ordered something with PayPal - and it did nothing.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am scared to deth of PayPal I got a 999 dollar charge on my account was not mine. Pay pal is very hard to deal with if this ever happens to you. Good luck

I went to Aruba once. 2 weeks later I was buying physical therapy treatments in kyzurgstan. The point being - every thing is 'hackable'. BRS a couple years ago had a problem with this.

jschultzbass

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your attitude about this is kind of weird. I GUARANTEE they wouldn't charge you automatically for absolutely nothing. They asked you to call them so they could straighten out what's wrong and you are refusing. That's really fishy. You definitely should have talked to them first before starting a thread for what is most likely a non issue.

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It ends up being set up for recurring charges when it's supposed to be a one-time payment. So they have the ability to charge you at any time in the future.

LiveAquaria, I do not want to call customer service about this. Because nothing would happen. I'm hoping that by posting this, that it gets elevated high enough that it gets fixed. You have implemented Paypal incorrectly and leaving your customers at risk.
...whats the point in making a post and then refusing to work with them to solve the problem? "I'm hoping that by posting this, that it gets elevated high enough that it gets fixed." How is it going to get fixed, they have no idea who you are and so they have no way to link it to an account on their website. (which means just posting here will wont solve the issue) Also, what did you buy? A lot of places offer subscriptions to certain goods, did you accidentally sign up for a subscription to something when you bought it? Either way, just call them so they can sort it out -__-

motortrendz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm confused. What would they have a recurring charge of ? And for how much? They dont offer a subscription of any kind. I'm just confused. I have paypal set up as my primary on their end which makes for easier and quicker check out. But I've never hand any issues with them. I do have recurring charges with wwc bc I have set up a monthly subscription. I'm just confused as to what the actual charge was for and how was it recurring ?

SneakyTortuga

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

im sorry but you are being unreasonable. LiveAquaria is a legitimate business who would not be who they are today if there company was based off of fraud. paypal protects you through all your transactions (thats why they are the most trusted payment method on the internet). your bank card (whoever it may be) most likely will immediately reimburse you for your transaction if you call and say it was fraud. and finally LiveAquaria has immediately responded telling you they would like to look into this for you to help you get it resolved.

moral of the story, you have multiple avenues to get this resolved without needing to tarnish a businesses name. now if you want to just act like a victim and say your not gonna call its on you but dont make it seem like the company did this on purpose. They are a large company who im sure make mistakes (like any other company). its not that big of a deal

i personally have had 2 issues with live aquaria and both times they were resolved immediately.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back