Whatch out if you use Paypal!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went to Aruba once. 2 weeks later I was buying physical therapy treatments in kyzurgstan. The point being - every thing is 'hackable'. BRS a couple years ago had a problem with this.

See, this is exactly why I have my cards maxed and bad credit. What can they get?;Happy;Jawdrop;Joyful

Mark Gray

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went to Aruba once. 2 weeks later I was buying physical therapy treatments in kyzurgstan. The point being - every thing is 'hackable'. BRS a couple years ago had a problem with this.
Yeah and it all got fixed but I had too many cards in PayPal and then it finally hit my debit card, I talked to Paypal they said that it had to go through I can't remember how long but I want to say like 3 weeks witch sort of hurt. I am scared to death for them because they were so hard to deal with. A credit card hack is no problem but PayPal sucks

batfish5

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah and it all got fixed but I had too many cards in PayPal and then it finally hit my debit card, I talked to Paypal they said that it had to go through I can't remember how long but I want to say like 3 weeks witch sort of hurt. I am scared to death for them because they were so hard to deal with. A credit card hack is no problem but PayPal sucks
Have been

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Except I was joking - have Never had a problem with PayPal. Sorry to PayPal. In any case - this incident is not an issue with PayPal - or live aquaria - IMO

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Disagree - but all good

Reefpro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And the OP just disappears when called out on this. I applaud Liveaquaria for stepping right up to the plate and wanting to resolve the matter, yet you refuse to cooperate. Pretty crummy in my opinion that you would not contact them before putting them on public blast for something that was likely your mistake in the first place. LA does not have subscriptions and therefore find it extremely card to believe they would charge, or continue to charge you for a product or service beyond your initial purchase. At the very least you could have called to see what was selected an gmhow to correct it!

Jay Z

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been using paypal since the beginning. Issues have been minimal. Never had anyone hack my account or buy something unauthorized. I have accepted reoccurring payments on things and don't remember until a year later when i get charged. You can click the money tab in paypal and go to reoccurring payments and see what you have that's active.

I also know its impossible for someone to setup reoccurring payments with out you clicking on something or authorizing it. You would of had to authorize a subscription to live aquaria for reoccurring payments to take effect for auto charge in the future.

My bad issues with paypal were always not getting what I paid for. I just contact paypal, they pull the money from the sellers account and hold it. Might take a couple weeks before I get it back, but paypal has always delivered.

No worries man. We all tend to over react sometimes when we think were getting taken advantage of. Myself included. Just post up with what you find out. If you get some egg on your face don't worry about it.

Good thing about this site is everyone just wants to help and get along.

Last edited:

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a fan of LA and DD, have placed multiple orders, livestock hasnt always been perfect but the refund system/guarantee has always covered everything I needed it to. I wouldn't hesitate to continue ordering from them and it's the first place I go to when looking for livestock.

OP
OP
GainesvilleReef

GainesvilleReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not trying to be unreasonable. I have offered to help them if they PM me. But I will not waste my time with a CSR that will not understand the issue. Quite frankly the real issue is somebody at liveaquaria thought it was ok to do this. And it won't get fixed unless someone makes an issue of it.

And just telling me to call customer service is not enough to handle this.

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not trying to be unreasonable.

Regardless of intent, that's the way it's being perceived. Did you sign up for an Auto Delivery or the Remember Me Checkout Option? Either way, looks like you can edit it yourself without "wasting time with a CSR that will not understand the issue."

Capture.PNG

ESAYARKAY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It ends up being set up for recurring charges when it's supposed to be a one-time payment. So they have the ability to charge you at any time in the future.

LiveAquaria, I do not want to call customer service about this. Because nothing would happen. I'm hoping that by posting this, that it gets elevated high enough that it gets fixed. You have implemented Paypal incorrectly and leaving your customers at risk.

The post seems to be more of a shaming tactic against the company and an angry rant.
If the intention was to elevate it so that the alleged problem gets fixed, then there would be no problem in calling customer service and making them aware of it. A public post about it has a much more different connotation than just wanting to get a problem resolved.

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My PayPal card was compromised last week and PayPal was excellent to deal with. Do not know how the card number was obtained was not at Live Aquaria

RedSea500MaxS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I WILL ONLY PAY BY PAYPAL! Period.

And NEVER let anyone talk you into paying as a “friend” to save $. You as the Buyer LOSE THE PAYPAL GUARANTEE! And violate the PayPal Agreement, so although they will try to help you they are in a bad spot. Pay the fee! And be careful! Red Flag

OP
OP
GainesvilleReef

GainesvilleReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, I did not sign up for auto-delivery or quicker checkout. I've got over 12 years of experience as a developer/architect in the payment industry and have implemented payment gateways and API's several times. So I am very conscious of what I am doing at the time of payment.

No, I am not trying to shame anyone. But I am trying to bring attention to it because it is wrong. What I think is the problem Is that live aquaria will break up orders into multiple shipments and charges separately for each shipment. To get around re-authorizing for each shipment, they set it up as reoccurring payments that are open-ended. The open-ended part is what is dangerous.

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not trying to be unreasonable. I have offered to help them if they PM me. But I will not waste my time with a CSR that will not understand the issue. Quite frankly the real issue is somebody at liveaquaria thought it was ok to do this. And it won't get fixed unless someone makes an issue of it.

And just telling me to call customer service is not enough to handle this.
........ this is hopeless, you literally could have resolved this by now if you had just called CS. How is waiting for them to PM you any faster? Especially considering that the person who runs the R2R account is very unlikely to be in the CS department.

Back