Whatcha workin' on today

Daddy-o

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Redwood City, Ca. 94062 (San Francisco Bay Area)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I myself am trying to get my reef maint. squared away. With as many reefs as I have there is always something to be done. Today I got 3 of my 6 skimmers cleaned, 12 tank feedings, 2 water changes, 10 gallons of Kalkwasser with vinegar made, set up 2 drip containers of Lanthanum Chloride, blew off the rock work in the 30 gallon, made 30 gallons of R/O, new pump into the ASM2 skimmer, new AquaLifter for the Kalk, new Aqualifter for one of the CPR boxes. Just another day living the reefer dream.
Cheers! Mark

Thaxxx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I stayed home waiting for my 13 fish I ordered from LiveAquaria. FedEx screwed me. Didn't deliver. It was on the truck for delivery this morning. Got a notification text from FedEx at 4:05pm.
Your shipment is at the local FedEx facility pending delivery.
I don't even know that means.
They make it impossible to get someone on the phone.

OP
OP
Daddy-o

Daddy-o

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Redwood City, Ca. 94062 (San Francisco Bay Area)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I stayed home waiting for my 13 fish I ordered from LiveAquaria. FedEx screwed me. Didn't deliver. It was on the truck for delivery this morning. Got a notification text from FedEx at 4:05pm.
Your shipment is at the local FedEx facility pending delivery.
I don't even know that means.
They make it impossible to get someone on the phone.
O no!!

Empire

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that happened to me early this year but it was with coral. sucks bc i did a joint order with a buddy of mine. all high end stuff. acrolandia, prom queen, angry birds. got the box 48 hours later, all dead. thankfully, the seller was super cool about it and offered replacements.

BaysEndReef

Anthony
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm spending my day catching up on 3D prints and manually getting some of this GHA out of my frag tank. I made my own food and fed it for about a week. Phosphates shot sky high and GHA grew EVERYWHERE! GFO didn't help, Vibrant hasn't helped yet, the new urchin is putting in some hard work, the snails I added are doing their job. Now it's time for me to give them some help. The wife's new BTA decided to move all over her nano last night. I have to make sure it gets settled. Her new light (AI Prime 16 HD) comes in today. I have to get that set up. Busy, busy day. Lots of coffee. haha. @Mallory912

Chuk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Researching a new skimmer purchase. Mine died yesterday. 6 years was a decent run. It’s $150 to replace the pump or $250 for a new one so I figured I’d go for one of those new cone shaped guys.

Last edited:

BaysEndReef

Anthony
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Researching a new skimmer purchase. Mine died yesterday. 6 years was a decent run. It’s $150 to replace the pump or $250 for a new one so I figured I’d go for one of those new come shaped guys.
6 years was a pretty good stretch for a skimmer. I always keep my old ones for spare parts. They have come in handy a couple of times.

Chuk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s my plan. I was thinking of getting one that uses the same pump that way I could always have a fall back if I can find a pump used.

BaysEndReef

Anthony
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an AquaC Remora that I've been using for a few years. I upgrade the pump to Sicce when the old one died. I went with the Bubble Magus Curve5 on the frag tank. Pretty happy with those.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 118 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back