Whatcha workin' on today

Chuk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a reef octopus 150int sss. I was just looking at the 150 int since I have room for the pump externally in my sump. They both use an aquatrance 2000 from what I can see.
Im thinking it’s probably the rotor that died since it’s the rotating part so I’m trying to see if i can find a new one to rebuild my current skimmer pump as a spare.

BaysEndReef

Anthony
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a reef octopus 150int sss. I was just looking at the 150 int since I have room for the pump externally in my sump. They both use an aquatrance 2000 from what I can see.
Im thinking it’s probably the rotor that died since it’s the rotating part so I’m trying to see if i can find a new one to rebuild my current skimmer pump as a spare.
$89 on Premium Aquatics

OP
OP
Daddy-o

Daddy-o

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Redwood City, Ca. 94062 (San Francisco Bay Area)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an AquaC Remora that I've been using for a few years. I upgrade the pump to Sicce when the old one died. I went with the Bubble Magus Curve5 on the frag tank. Pretty happy with those.
I also run a Curve 5 & a Curve 7. I noticed when they get a little dirty, they dont run as well. So I have to clean monthly. The ASM 2 will run like a champ for over a year with no maint.

BaysEndReef

Anthony
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also run a Curve 5 & a Curve 7. I noticed when they get a little dirty, they dont run as well. So I have to clean monthly. The ASM 2 will run like a champ for over a year with no maint.
With the Curve 5, I have noticed my power consumption varies depending on how long I go without cleaning. Oh the wonders of the Apex. haha.

Thaxxx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I stayed home waiting for my 13 fish I ordered from LiveAquaria. FedEx screwed me. Didn't deliver. It was on the truck for delivery this morning. Got a notification text from FedEx at 4:05pm.
Your shipment is at the local FedEx facility pending delivery.
I don't even know that means.
They make it impossible to get someone on the phone.
New day
Follow up.
Got my fish today. Long story how I got them.
Only one was DOA. The rest are in QT doing good so far. Some even already eating. Just gonna observe in QT for now. Normally I just start them with Copper Power. Gonna change things up a bit and just treat on a as need basis.

Fishinabarrel

sCiEncE wILl Win
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lanthanum chloride? I have never heard of that before. I see it is for phosphate removal. Is it hard to dose correctly? How are the results? Costly?
To answer my own question using the internet: "LaCl3 binds with phosphate, drastically reducing the level of unwanted organic phosphate in the aquarium, and aids our corals with calcifing their skeletons to help them grow."

OP
OP
Daddy-o

Daddy-o

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Redwood City, Ca. 94062 (San Francisco Bay Area)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lanthanum chloride? I have never heard of that before. I see it is for phosphate removal. Is it hard to dose correctly? How are the results? Costly?
I use a product for reefing called Phosphat E. It is a lot cheaper (and works better than GFO) Due to the fact that rocks and sand absorb a lot of phosphate in our reef tanks, getting getting down to the desired level can take a while. I couldnt get my phosphate below .22 with Gfo. I have been dosing LC since mid Oct. and now it is fairly steady at .07
Cheers! Mark

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 31 83.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.4%
Back