What's a cool idea for a "species" only tank

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 210g community tank that I have thoroughly bored with, so I have thought of this myself. Here's some of my thoughts;

A tessa and a titan; tessalata eel and a titan trigger, much to folklore titans don't get that large in captivity even after 10=15 years and grow very slowly.
3 of the small fangtooth eels; a fimbriated, a jeweled, and a goldentail
A pair of dragon eels, male/female
A host of angels, a tang gang, a group of groupers, or a tribe of triggers
Lions and scorps; I threw this in because it's the tanks I keep now, but a 220g is a bold adventure for this type of tank. Because of the feeding challenges you should have some good experience with these fish.

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the idea of seahorses, but wouldn't they require a hefty chiller ? Don't seahorses need colder water ?
I keep my tank at 72.5-73 tops for my ponies and my coral does just fine , it does grow a little bit slower but colors are great and corals do grow and reproduce

84BA4357-4864-47F7-A033-DCDB5F2E05B6.jpeg

TriggerFinger

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Either I must be blind as a bat, or that's in Invisible Flea Circus, because I blew up the picture bigger and I still don't see a single Sea Horse. (No disrespect meant whatsoever!) :p
They’re on the sand bed, next to the orange monti looking coral.

mort

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If its a fowlr then I'd get a fish that will become a real pet fish, like a stars and stripes puffer. Smaller fish don't have the personality that some of these larger fish can have.

I'm personally more of a small fish fan so would probably pack it with halichoeres and other wrasse.

sixline

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I second an Octopus.
I’ve wanted to set up a tank for one for years now. Still on my to do list.

I've kept octopus successfully in 20g tanks though, so this seems like there might be a better sue for such a large tank.

sixline

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple of ideas:

- Some lookdowns - they looks cool in groups
- Several varieties of leopard wrasses - with a tank that large you could probably add several pod hotels and dose photo into the tank

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think a Japanese Dragon Eel, lemon peel angel, volitian lion, crosshatch trigger, blue throat trigger, and a couple butterflies would be really really pretty :)

Back