Whats going on at Ecotech Marine?

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know if any of you have noticed but ETM is out of stock of a lot of critical items.
I needed a new wetside for my MP40 Qwd and it is out of stock everywhere (I mean everywhere), same with MP10 Wetside.
These items are out of stock on ETM's own website. Other hard to find items are XR15 lights, power supplies and most of the Versa's. I believe they make everything in house so I am wondering if it's a production issue related to Covid or something else.

U

User1

View Badges
I don't know if any of you have noticed but ETM is out of stock on a lot of critical items.
I needed a new wetside for my MP40 Qwd and it is out of stock everywhere (I mean everywhere), same with MP10 Wetside.
These items are out of stock on ETM's own website. Other hard to find items are XR15 lights, power supplies and most of the Versa's. I believe they make everything in house so I am wondering if it's a production issue related to Covid or something else.

Pass by me but I'd wager most supply chains are interrupted now due to C19. The lights could be out due to high demand and supply chain. The others not really sure. I've not heard of any major design change or product launch for the MP's.

I've got nothing for you Robby other than a light smack on the back and say hope all is well :D

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Theyre not the only ones.
Due to virus, they are running with limited deliveries/shipments, limited staff and hours. Who knows when there will be normalcy

OP
OP
robbyg

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pass by me but I'd wager most supply chains are interrupted now due to C19. The lights could be out due to high demand and supply chain. The others not really sure. I've not heard of any major design change or product launch for the MP's.

I've got nothing for you Robby other than a light smack on the back and say hope all is well :D

No I had a real need for a MP40 wetside after mine started to vibrate badly. I ordered one of the last ones at BRS. I did fix the vibration issue on the original, but not having a spare in my hands yet is not comforting. I just wanted to give others a heads up that their inventory is real low.

TheDuude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Covid has been wreaking havoc on the supply chain for raw materials... Plastics especially.

Most all of the raw plastic consumed in the US comes from overseas suppliers.

OP
OP
robbyg

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Theyre not the only ones.
Due to virus, they are running with limited deliveries/shipments, limited staff and hours. Who knows when there will be normalcy

Yep! There is a possible new reality that is starting to hit me and that is that I might not be able to maintain a tank throughout this Pandemic. I am no were near that point yet but the changing dynamics are starting to make the impossible seem possible.

So far I am having issues with:
No supplier for ESV B-ionic
Limited Trident reagents.
No Ecotech spare parts.

None of this is an issue yet but what happens if more needed supplies start to disappear.
I figured out a solution for the chemical part of things. Just Setup a lab deep in my basement and kidnap @Randy Holmes-Farley a La Breaking Bad style and have him cooking two part up for me.
Maybe sell some of his "Big Blue Two Part" under the table on R2R ;) . Then we can work on Blue Sky Reagents for the Trident.

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is abundantly obvious why companies are low on supplies, there is a global pandemic. Might be a while before supplies are back to normal.

OP
OP
robbyg

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is abundantly obvious why companies are low on supplies, there is a global pandemic. Might be a while before supplies are back to normal.
Actually its not totally clear to me why this is the case. I have been told that China, Taiwan, South Korea and Vietnam which are the countries that make most products are all running at full steam. Yet you go visit even non related fish tank stores and there is a lot of out of stock notices. I was trying to get a new PS4 controller on Amazon Yesterday and all I could find was knock off units. The only OEM model they had in stock was from a third party seller and they were selling it for 40% over MSRP.

Crashnt24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually its not totally clear to me why this is the case. I have been told that China, Taiwan, South Korea and Vietnam which are the countries that make most products are all running at full steam. Yet you go visit even non related fish tank stores and there is a lot of out of stock notices. I was trying to get a new PS4 controller on Amazon Yesterday and all I could find was knock off units. The only OEM model they had in stock was from a third party seller and they were selling it for 40% over MSRP.

Demand has risen due to people being bored at home. More fish tank spending for me for sure. Also more in house entertainment spending. The increase in demand plus a couple months of disruption(even though they are full steam now, they weren't earlier this year), can cause temporary shortages. As demand falls off and shipments get delivered, products will be back. Will probably take another couple months.

monti mike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s definitely annoying. I know some of their parts are shipping without any issues. I ordered two dry side replaces last Monday and they were delivered by Friday the same week. Good luck on your parts hunt!

HeyJay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder if the stimulus checks and extra unemployment led to a lot of extra spending. Obviously for some they were lifelines, but for others it meant lots of disposable spending

U

User1

View Badges

Totally unrelated but I hope you reported to amazon the markup. C19 is making this 120 times worse than what was already happening on Amazon. I wasn't expecting Amazon to turn into EBAY but it looks like they are starting to let the price gouging run amuck sadly.

BeMoto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1st world proplems.......I believe our borders are slow at best ATM. Not sure what they are allowing in and out.

U

User1

View Badges
Demand has risen due to people being bored at home. More fish tank spending for me for sure. Also more in house entertainment spending. The increase in demand plus a couple months of disruption(even though they are full steam now, they weren't earlier this year), can cause temporary shortages. As demand falls off and shipments get delivered, products will be back. Will probably take another couple months.

True. Talk to any lawyer or police officer :D Domestic calls are a lot higher as is alcohol and drug use which leads to a lot of stupid stuff. That and more together time when the norm is more separation, well, feelings are starting to get hurt more.

All seriousness though it does ebb and flow like a slinky for sure although my tank spending hasn't increased much. Then again being furloughed with possible job loss does make me redirect my hobby funds for a bit.

Couple months - let us hope. This virus wants to live and is mutating. Will be interested to see who wins the race.

U

User1

View Badges
I wonder if the stimulus checks and extra unemployment led to a lot of extra spending. Obviously for some they were lifelines, but for others it meant lots of disposable spending

You raise a interesting question. I was reading on one of the wood working sites I visit from time to time and one lad posted in jest about thanking the government for his new tools. Mush to his/her dismay people got all sort of offended by it. But reality is such that maybe they are better at planning and felt the money could go to other things.

Once people got past the arguing all they had to do was look at it such that it was actually helping the economy. Its intent to help families or small businesses during a difficult time. I mean I didn't get caught up in it but thought it was sort of a silly argument.

In any case - your point is well noted and something to consider as well.

jaxteller007

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It can take a long time to get supply chains back to normal after even a short disruption, much less the months that covid shut everything down. Plus just because other countries are up and running doesn't mean they are back to pre-covid levels. Add on to that the delays in shipping at all levels due to reduce staffing and increased demand. Then as a cherry on top, massive delays at our borders for inspection and such.
I've worked in supply chain for a long time and I don’t expect things to get back to "normal" until 2021.

ichthyoid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
China already had substantial domestic resources of many raw materials & has quietly bought up other supplies globally. All while we were watching our 401k’s.

They own most of the US phosphate mines and world supply, as just one example.

If we aren’t careful, they may soon be able to dictate a given country’s success based on supply, including ours.

OP
OP
robbyg

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
China already had substantial domestic resources of many raw materials & has quietly bought up other supplies globally. All while we were watching our 401k’s.

They own most of the US phosphate mines and world supply, as just one example.

If we aren’t careful, they may soon be able to dictate a given country’s success based on supply, including ours.
Meh the Japanese tried that in the 70s and that led to an economic meltdown for them that has still not gone away. Those Phosphate mines (Lol not sure if your referring to my tank :p) and other assets they own in the USA, Australia and Africa can be taken back with a stroke of a pen. This whole Tik Tok thing is an example of how the USA can force companies out. As for smaller countries in which they have invested, most of it was done as a debt trap. You might want to read up on the great Chinese debt trap that they have been using on poorer countries. Most of these countries would love an excuse to boot China out and not have to pay off the debt and stop their mining operations. If the US puts even the slightest trading pressure on them they will gladly boot China. I think Covid for China is like what WWII was for the UK.
I know that anti Chinese sentiment is building globally and it is happening faster than I expected.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Yep! There is a possible new reality that is starting to hit me and that is that I might not be able to maintain a tank throughout this Pandemic. I am no were near that point yet but the changing dynamics are starting to make the impossible seem possible.

So far I am having issues with:
No supplier for ESV B-ionic
Limited Trident reagents.
No Ecotech spare parts.

None of this is an issue yet but what happens if more needed supplies start to disappear.
I figured out a solution for the chemical part of things. Just Setup a lab deep in my basement and kidnap @Randy Holmes-Farley a La Breaking Bad style and have him cooking two part up for me.
Maybe sell some of his "Big Blue Two Part" under the table on R2R ;) . Then we can work on Blue Sky Reagents for the Trident.
I have extra ESV 2-part I can sell as I have a lot

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back