OP
OP
S

Swampriss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
85 gallon mixed reef tank. Sg 1.024 ph 7.8 calcium 460 phosphate .2 nitrite 0 amonia 0 nitrate 0. It's been hiding under a rock for a week or so so I turned down my light to 30 percent blue and 15 percent white. I'm thinking maybe I need to reaclmitize it to the light (can't spell that)

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nitrate is low. I keep mine between 10 and 20 and my nems seems to do best. How old of a tank? Doubt it's lighting issue. I have my kessils turned up to 85% and my nems reach for them at the top of the rock. Pic of nem and a full tank shot may help also

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oops, pic didn't load at first. Looks like the tank is pretty new. Anemone have a really hard time in tanks that aren't mature. Minimum of 6 months old but preferably closer to a year is best. I would work on keeping everything stable rather than changing anything.

OP
OP
S

Swampriss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank is 8 months old, I put it in at 7 months old. But to be honest it's my first salt tank so it's been a rough ride as you can tell my all my algea. But I love it and I'm addicted

OP
OP
S

Swampriss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should I take out my matrix for a bit to let the nitrate build back up do you think ? Since I put it in my filter I have zero nitrates

RWCII

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some don’t respond well to significant changes from matrix or liquid phosphate or nitrate removers while others don’t even notice. Only thing that has worked for me was sprinkling sinking pellets right on top of it and making their personal space a little dirty with food. It’ll bring over the cleanup crew and maybe it’ll choose to live. Good luck!

FlowGod

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 0 nitrate with 4 bta's and they are fine (that is just me, everyone is different). I do dose amino acids everyday though. I wouldn't mess with your lights too much. Stability is key, but it is hard finding that balance. How many lights do you have? Just LED's? Any t5's? One other thing I have learned is if the water was polluted by something (aerosol, paint fumes, drywall dust etc.) that could have a negative effect on the nems. My bta's like clean water and intense light.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 38.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back