Whats in your fuge?

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious as to what everyone keeps in their fuge. Just one type of macro, multiple types of macro?
I am currently keeping chaeto, sea lettuce, and red goo
20191119_222220.jpg

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious as to what everyone keeps in their fuge. Just one type of macro, multiple types of macro?
I am currently keeping chaeto, sea lettuce, and red ogo

Thats what i had in mine. The cheeto died.

After about a year my fuge became covered in red flat worms. I have since replaced the tank and its plumbing. Put in some rock and sand. Will put in a bunch of rock nems, red macro and pods.

Cflow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some Chaeto, sea lettuce and red ogo with some plate rock
pic was after I filled a bucket with growth.
6A45C75D-1558-40C1-B3AC-E4652F0975D1.jpeg
How do you get your sea lettuce to sink? Mine floats and is super annoying because it drys up on top, dies, and breaks off into slime. Plus it starves my chaeto.

Phildago

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a small piece of salt marsh that I'm trying to keep alive. It sprouted a few new blades that are growing toward the surface, but I think some of the original marsh was dying from salt build up. I started spraying to off with rodi and it seems a bit better.

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you get your sea lettuce to sink? Mine floats and is super annoying because it drys up on top, dies, and breaks off into slime. Plus it starves my chaeto.
Some float some is held down but rocks or other macro. I do have to rotate the macro so it doesn’t stave for light when it’s packed.

Samina

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chaeto, dragons breath, ulva, gracillaria. I like the idea of different algaes. I feel like they all uptake differently and help balance things out nicely at different rates. But I could be making that up haha sounds good though doesn’t it!

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just chaeto and caulerpa. Stir well and season to taste. Actually the caulerpa outperforms the chaeto, but as long as I flip it every few days and keep it trimmed, it seems to do very well.

Leto987

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chaeto, 5 mangrove stalks and Some GHA that I pull out when it shows it’s self. Also added a peppermint shrimp for Aiptasia control. Also, I was checking everything out a few days ago and noticed a couple banggai cardinals. They were about a 1/2”. My fish must have bred and went down the overflow.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 69 37.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 62 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back