What's on the agenda today?

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This view doesn't suck, at all.
Mine sux! Not how I like spending my weekends.. much less 12 hours a day!
image.jpg
image.jpg

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel you. I’m on day 6 of 15 straight 12 hour days. Trying to forget it is the weekend.
Ummmmm yeah… we haven’t got a weekend off since New Year’s Day… we had only sundays off but now we’re working them. Ugh.. it’s all double time but not worth it! I’d rather sleep lol.. today is day 20 without a day off.. what’s really draining is there’s no light at the end of the tunnel.. from the workload I see right now we’re not getting a day off till November :face-with-raised-eyebrow:

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you pay me. also, I offer no guarantee they will be done right and no insurance against audits. @BroccoliFarmer is probably a safer bet if you want to outsource.
To give everyone some comfort...most tax professional use a version of TurboTax, TaxCut, TaxAct. For the majority of people, these tools are pretty good and comprehensive. It falls pretty short if you own your own business or have complex investments...but for the majority of people...it is enough. If you read and pay attention to the questions..you will get a pretty accurate answer. When I used to do individual tax returns, I just bought additional licenses for Turbo Tax to do my clients taxes. No secret sauce for most peoples. The only time those software fall short for the average person is if you want to push the grey areas..(eg writing off specific deductions that may or may not qualify based on your interpretation of the tax laws). This unfortunately is one of the more frustrating parts of tax...there are no black and white rules. They were written very ambiguously to be broad in application because narrowly written rules are easy to circumvent. Now that you have ambiguous rules..it leaves a lot up to interpretation and your individual circumstance. Here is a perfect example. 'Female enhancements' are generally not tax deductible; however, certain dancers have successfully written them off as a business deduction, which was upheld in court.

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To give everyone some comfort...most tax professional use a version of TurboTax, TaxCut, TaxAct. For the majority of people, these tools are pretty good and comprehensive. It falls pretty short if you own your own business or have complex investments...but for the majority of people...it is enough. If you read and pay attention to the questions..you will get a pretty accurate answer. When I used to do individual tax returns, I just bought additional licenses for Turbo Tax to do my clients taxes. No secret sauce for most peoples. The only time those software fall short for the average person is if you want to push the grey areas..(eg writing off specific deductions that may or may not qualify based on your interpretation of the tax laws). This unfortunately is one of the more frustrating parts of tax...there are no black and white rules. They were written very ambiguously to be broad in application because narrowly written rules are easy to circumvent. Now that you have ambiguous rules..it leaves a lot up to interpretation and your individual circumstance. Here is a perfect example. 'Female enhancements' are generally not tax deductible; however, certain dancers have successfully written them off as a business deduction, which was upheld in court.
we use turbotax. still complicated but I don't beat the standard deduction, still try though.

still not doing suzies though. sorry(ish)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 40 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back