What's one fish you regret ever having bought?

Cherie cook

Cherbear
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My coral beauty is a complete jerk…harasses any new additions until death if she has any say about it. I’ve tried numerous ways to catch her without success.

Last edited by a moderator:

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We talk a lot about those "best" fish in our tanks. That might be the priest fish, the fish with the best personality, the best fish for doing a particular job... but what about the worst fish? That might be a fish that has been a bully, a fish that went rogue and ate your favorite coral, or the fish that just aggravates you for one reason or another. What say you? What's the fish you regret ever having bought? Why?

1.jpg
My freaking yellow eye kole tang, Peach!!! Shes such a jerk!!!! Would not leave my angel Bonnie alone, then kept going after my yellow tang, Mr Bubbles! When I put Nix my purple into a box cause he wouldnt leave Mr Bubbles alone she kept going after him! Now she wants to be best buds with Mr Bubbles since her other buddy is in the no no box. Lil hoe lol

Rusty_L_Shackleford

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not fish but I hated my peppermint shrimps and cleaner shrimp
I have a peppermint shrimp that is amazing at devouring aiptasia. However once the aiptasia are gone it picks at LPS. Fortunately it's super easy to catch so it lives in my 10G "utility tank" most of the time. If some aiptasia pops up or hitches in on a frag, I just pop him in the display, and then move him back once the aiptasia are gone. Don't ever trust peppermints.

nycfreshreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Algae blenny aka lawnmower … it is a 24-7 , non stop , pooping machine , and super hard to catch … it’s poops are the size of large raisins and it goes several dozen times per day … been wanting to remove for a while but have not been able to catch him yet (definitely don’t want to pull out rocks) thinking about trying to suck him through a wide diameter siphon tube at night when he’s perched & sleeping , will probably try tomorrow

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lightning Maroon.

Gorgeous coloring, but maroon clowns are nasty.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A group of disbar anthias. I ran 6 through quarantine successfully. One slammed into the glass when I was catching them to transfer to the DT and died instantly. The remaining 5 went into the display. They all hid behind the rocks but did always come out to eat several times a day. After a couple of months only 4 came out, then 3, then 2,then 1, then none. I never found any remains so I guess I have an efficient CUC :crying-face:

dking271

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me the only one I regret was my Flame Hawkfish. He was mean as crap to everything in the tank except my clowns. He would decimate my clean up crews requiring a replenishment about once a quarter. He eventually killed a six line wrasse that was a model citizen. I’ve had a dozen or so six line wrasses and only one was a bully that needed to be re-homed. It took days of sitting about 10 feet from the tank with a trigger on the trap to capture him.

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There has been a few over the years

Blue velvet damsel was a free and I thought it was nice . I was wrong !

Snowflake eel ( ate every small fish I added after

And clownfish .

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We talk a lot about those "best" fish in our tanks. That might be the priest fish, the fish with the best personality, the best fish for doing a particular job... but what about the worst fish? That might be a fish that has been a bully, a fish that went rogue and ate your favorite coral, or the fish that just aggravates you for one reason or another. What say you? What's the fish you regret ever having bought? Why?

1.jpg
A maroon clownfish, a serial killer and pure evil!

Klyle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Cowfish. Hands down. And it wasn’t even the poor little guys fault! I introduced him to the tank and immediately, my female clarkii grabbed him by one of the spines on his head and swam backwards, dragging him across the tank. Her next move was terrifying. She slung him into the giant carpet nem…like, Here ya go! Dinner! Needless to say- I panicked. Cowfish are poisonous. In the process of trying to get the cowfish out of the anemone, I was stung by both. I wasn’t successful at removing the fish so I sat around for a day waiting for the nem to die. 48 hours later, the nem spit up what remained of the cowfish like thanks for the meal dude! This happened in 1999 and it’s still the craziest thing that’s happened during my reefing “career.”

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 37 43.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 30.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back