Whats schedule intensity?!

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did search a lot even the radion website, forums, reddit, etc before i posted here for the record. But for the life of me i cant figure out on my g5 blue whats schedule intensity. I selected AB+ and i activated it. What it did it gave me an hour ramp up, and ramp down. With point intensity at 7:00 am set to 50%, and then it goes to 100% with all colors at 100% at 8:00 am. Schedule intensity is set at 50% by AB+. Is that schedule intensity for the WHOLE brightness for the lights. Or that schedule intensity 50% referring to the 50% point intensity i have at 7:00 am. Im very confused

spsick

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I read the thing on their website and I also still don’t understand it haha. I got a Radion recently to play around with and it’s so complicated it’s annoying. I wish you could set up Mobius on a PC with a mouse and keyboard. It would be so much easier.

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I read the thing on their website and I also still don’t understand it haha. I got a Radion recently to play around with and it’s so complicated it’s annoying. I wish you could set up Mobius on a PC with a mouse and keyboard. It would be so much easier.
Dude i swear to god i cant understand it at all. Usually intensity is tied to colors for example u put 50% intensity, it drops all your colors to 50%. What in the world is schedule intensity. Brightness? Or is it referring to my 50% ramp up at 8:00 AM.

Aluco

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did search a lot even the radion website, forums, reddit, etc before i posted here for the record. But for the life of me i cant figure out on my g5 blue whats schedule intensity. I selected AB+ and i activated it. What it did it gave me an hour ramp up, and ramp down. With point intensity at 7:00 am set to 50%, and then it goes to 100% with all colors at 100% at 8:00 am. Schedule intensity is set at 50% by AB+. Is that schedule intensity for the WHOLE brightness for the lights. Or that schedule intensity 50% referring to the 50% point intensity i have at 7:00 am. Im very confused
Schedule intensity should be the overall general brightness. I have a similar light and par at waters surface was only at 166 with ab+ preset with schedule intensity at 50% at its brightest point of the day. I've raised it over time right now mines at 85% which seems to be a good intensity for lps heavy tanks with a depth of 2'. Worth noting my light is 9" above the water.

You can use a lux meter app for your phone place it at waters surface then divide that number by 60 and that gives you a rough estimate of what your par is at the surface.

pepper89

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude i swear to god i cant understand it at all. Usually intensity is tied to colors for example u put 50% intensity, it drops all your colors to 50%. What in the world is schedule intensity. Brightness? Or is it referring to my 50% ramp up at 8:00 AM.
As far as I understand it, it's for PAR. So if you get a PAR meter, you can easily make more detailed tweaks to your schedule, and it will adjust the ramp. Since they are great lights, 100% might be too intense for corals used to lower PAR.

For example, you have it at 50% at 7 am, and 100% by 8 am. Let's say you are getting 2x the amount of PAR you need, and corals are bleaching. If you were to turn the "schedule intensity" to 50%, it would ramp BOTH down by 50%. So that would be 25% at 7 AM, and 50% at 8 AM. This way, you aren't having to tweak each individually (like I do) and do the math (like I do, lol), and you can more easily tune down/up the lighting without overly stressing the corals. Yes, it does tune up and down the colors at the same rate. So if you have like 20% white light, say 100% of everything else at 8 AM, and turn the whole schedule down by 50%, it would turn the white to 10%, and the rest to 50%.

You probably don't want to make significant adjustments, I just used it cause 50% is easy math on me, but yeah, it takes the math off of you of multiplying percentages together for everything.

If I were to get a new light, it would be this one, cause this is way easier than adjusting EACH color by the correct % at each of my time stamps .

Last edited:

shadyraro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Basically say for example all your point intensities are set to 100%, but your schedule intensity is set to 50%. What this means is that your overall light schedule is running at 50%, even tho your point intensities are set to 100%. So if you wanted to run a full light schedule at 100%, then your point and schedule intensities would need to be set at 100%.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 74 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 68 34.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.7%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back