What's that one fish you just HAVE to have in your reef tank?

SeaHorseQueen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is a mandarin dragonet and a scooter dragonet. I’m hoping one day to own a lion fish, copper band butterfly, sea horses, and maybe a yellow tang one day. But not all in the same tank!

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love my clowns, but my favs are my Blenny and when I see her my mandarin
7C32C278-B7B7-4BE2-B6AA-9187A36BB411.jpeg
8CFF6657-E2E0-4C9B-BC84-C640EBA4D132.jpeg
0042D9E1-F85B-49B9-B55E-8AD917D8D55D.jpeg

justrock79

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me, it was a Coral Beauty; for my Lady, a pair of Clowns which nicely host our Black Widow anemone. Aaaand it looks like Murphy, our Bicolor Blenny is photo-bombing in the back

PXL_20220814_190347958.jpg

ShoalSister

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My dream fish has been a harlequin tusk, which we now have. He's in a 125 gallon, 6 footer that is along the foot of our bed (is that too much? Does anyone else pretty much sleep next to their fish?) where we watch his shenanigans regularly. He's always up to something.

My hubby really likes interacting with him, and has grown very fond of him, naming him Harley. He mentioned that as Harley grows, we might need a larger tank.

That's one way to get another setup. Get the spouse to become attached to a fish that will need a larger home.

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My dream fish has been a harlequin tusk, which we now have. He's in a 125 gallon, 6 footer that is along the foot of our bed (is that too much? Does anyone else pretty much sleep next to their fish?) where we watch his shenanigans regularly. He's always up to something.

My hubby really likes interacting with him, and has grown very fond of him, naming him Harley. He mentioned that as Harley grows, we might need a larger tank.

That's one way to get another setup. Get the spouse to become attached to a fish that will need a larger home.

Sounds like plan lol !!! :cool:

Koty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20220816_122343.jpg

The one(s) and only fish is....are:
CBB: eats apaisia and makes your tank look like a real reef as it searches for food among the rocks & corals
Scopas: modest yet a great algea eater and lots of character...
Yellow diamod goby: keeps my sand white and makes my tank look different every day!
Halichoeres sp: keeps the corals bug free and is a stylish swimer
Not nessecerily in that order...

lester lloyd

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m still waiting on my LFS to get my Red Sea yellow belly regal angel this will be my first in my fish only system I’ve been wait since June still haven’t got one in yet
1660644209734.jpeg

McPuff

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got one of my other must-have fish 2 days ago - a melanurus wrasse. He came out of the sand today finally and he's gorgeous!
This is close to a must-have for me. Had one for almost 7 years and it was a great fish. Instead of ordering another one, I ended up getting a Christmas wrasse after about a year of trying. Very glad with the decision. Same type of personality but the color is different. This guy is very cool.

My actual must-have isn't my favorite fish but I love to have them... royal gramma. Such great colors! Other than that, some type of hawkfish is always in my reef. Right now I've got 3 of them... Tahiti gold, arc eye, and caribbean spotted. My 300 gives the former two just barely enough space to coexist. :0)

Back